lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default One was not enough

My daughter and her husband decided after I got a cart they wanted one too. Found this one in an ad. I asked for a serial number so I could find out what year. From the pic it looks like the serial number is under the passenger glove box, so that would make it 93 or older, is that correct?

Anyone have any ideas what year this might be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (128.0 KB, 37 views)
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
littlecarguy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: One was not enough

86 - 93 Had two cup holders. I think they went to four after that. If you get the manufactures code number of the plate under the dash , the last two numbers are the year.
littlecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

Thanks. I told him to give me the serial number because I figured I could use the link at the tech section to look it up from there.

It would be nice if it was 94 or later. At least it seems many things change at that 93/94 mark.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

they got you now dad! hope for a 4 cycle,then you put a bb in it at your son in laws expense.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
reinman88
Gone Wild

If he gets the bb, then he's got the faster cart. That won't work.

I'm hoping 4 cycle, guess I'll find out in the next day or so.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
reinman88
Gone Wild

Turned out to be a 2 cycle, so I thought it best to pass and wait for a 4 cycle.

Never did find out the year, he said early 90s in the ad. I asked twice for a serial number, and he finally came back and said there was an 89 in the serial number so he guesses that must mean it's an 89. Of course the 89 in the serial number doesn't mean that, but after asking for that twice, and if it was a 4 cycle twice and not getting an answer, I decided to just let it go and move on. He was asking $1100.

Found another one, a 95 club car, for about the same money. Would have liked to stay with EZGO since I already have one, but we'll see. Good deals are hard to pass up. If in fact it is a good deal.

This cart would still have the big hill to contend with as mine. I make it up alright, but still plan to go with the smaller belt for more low end.

Can I do the same thing with a club car? I've looked over that section, and don't see anything on that. All I see is about the governor override to get more speed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO