lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
bowersneef
Not Yet Wild

Default I have ergo golf cart

I have ergo golf cart. We replaced all the batteries, the control panel and the speed sensor and magnet. The cart is still running slow. What else could be the issue?
bowersneef is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #2
bowersneef
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help

If I brake really hard it will go? Any thoughts?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I have ergo golf cart

May want to list year,model, and voltage of your cart for some response to your guestion 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Speed sensor magnet, perhaps RXV or TXT 48? I'm willing to bet it's either a TXT PDS or TXT48.

Likely issue is 'speed sensor fault' and it's rarely the magnet which fails (unless you notice a crack in it). It's the sensor itself. 90% the time it's the sensor, not the magnet.

Another possible issue is incorrect voltage. I have seen a lot of 48V cars come in where the customer put in 6 6V batteries instead of 6 8V batteries. Batteries have three caps each instead of four. (one cap is 2V, 2x3 is 6V)

Another issue is hooking two batteries in wrong, where it's - to - and + to + while the rest are correctly hooked up - to +. That makes the voltage too low.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #5
bowersneef
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
May want to list year,model, and voltage of your cart for some response to your guestion 😊
Sorry it’s a 36v 2006 ezgo pds. we have replaced the batteries, speed sensor and magnet, control box, and solenoid. Still running slow.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #6
bowersneef
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Speed sensor magnet, perhaps RXV or TXT 48? I'm willing to bet it's either a TXT PDS or TXT48.

Likely issue is 'speed sensor fault' and it's rarely the magnet which fails (unless you notice a crack in it). It's the sensor itself. 90% the time it's the sensor, not the magnet.

Another possible issue is incorrect voltage. I have seen a lot of 48V cars come in where the customer put in 6 6V batteries instead of 6 8V batteries. Batteries have three caps each instead of four. (one cap is 2V, 2x3 is 6V)

Another issue is hooking two batteries in wrong, where it's - to - and + to + while the rest are correctly hooked up - to +. That makes the voltage too low.
It’s a PDS. We have replaced the speed sensor, the magnet, the control panel, batteries, and solenoid. I will check the wiring. Im lost on this one.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
bowersneef
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it’s a 36v 2006 ezgo pds.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Put it in diagnostic mode and see if you hear any codes. Key on, switch the fnr from neutral to reverse 5 times landing on neutral. Should beep 1-4 times telling you what mode it is in. Maybe more after. Drive it and listen for codes. List is on the face of the controller cover.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Seems to have covered everything except one--the ITS throttle sensor. That can fail and cause slow or a no-run situation. Usually happens due to water intrusion.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO