lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default timing timing timing

WELL I GOT THE TOP END DONE AND MOTOR BACK INTO CART. EVERYTHING ALL HOOKED UP AS BEFORE. IT WON'T CRANK. BEFORE THE TOP END OVERHAUL IT WOULD AT LEAST RUN AND MOVE , NOW NOTHING. I DON'T SEE HOW BUT IS IT POSSIBLE I COULD OF CHANGED THE TIMING WHEN I HAD THE TOP END TORE DOWN? IT TRIES TO START BUT JUST WON'T . I PUT FUEL STRAIGHT TO THE INTAKE THROUGH THE CARB AND IT WILL HIT AN TRY TO RUN BUT NO GO. REMOVED THE FUEL PUMP, CLEANED AND PUT BACK ON, TESTED AND FUEL IS COMING OUT AND GOING TO CARB. CHECKED SPARK AND HAS A NICE BLUE FLAME AS LONG AS PEDAL IS PRESSED. CHECKED THE TIMING,,THIS IS WHERE I GOT LOST! FOUND THE MARK ON THE FAN SHROUD AND MARKED IT WHITE, LOCATED THE TIMING TIT IN THE FAN AND MARKED IT AS WELL ALONG WITH THE TIT OPPOSITE SIDE ON THE FAN. HOOKED UP TIMING LIGHT HIT GAS PEDAL AND SEEN TWO WHITE DOTS, ONE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE SHROUD TIMING MARK. IS THIS NORMAL? THEY ALSO APPEARED TO BE DRIFTING SLIGHTLY BACK AND FORTH AT THE SHROUD TIMING MARK. PULLED SHROUD AND FAN JUST LIKE THE BOOK SAID TO IN ORDER TO ADJUST TIMING AND FOUND A ROUND PLATE ABOUT 5" IN DIAMETER OVER THE CRANK SHAFT END WITH A LARGE NUT ON IT. HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE NUT WITH THE MOTOR INSTALL IN CART??? SPECIAL TOOL?? DOES IT SOUND LIKE THE TIMING IS OFF FROM WHAT I'VE TRIED TO CONVEY? IT DID BACKFIRE SEVERAL TIME WHEN IT TRIED TO START. I WAS CLOSE TO LIGHTING IT OFF AND WATCHING IT BURN THIS PAST WEEKEND BUT BETTER SENSE PREVAILED. help please DONALD ,, 1LANE66
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: timing timing timing

I can't even read that many caps.
It's like you are yelling at us .......
Why don't you retype that and break it up into some paragraphs, so we can read it without getting eye strain?

I got as far as you asked if you could mess the timing up by removing the head and the answer is YES YES YES
Here is how you set the timing....go here> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...tml#post327731
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

sorry about the caps ,,I wasn't paying any attention to that, have bad eye sight so the bigger the easier to read on my part. I for got to mention I have a 2cycle robin gas engine in a 1988 marathon ezgo so the diagram on the thread you posted for me was of no use, mine has no cam or gears. the manual calls for moving the plate that the pulsar assemble is mounted on but I cann't get to it because of the plate that is covering the assemble. I was wanting to know how to get the large nut loose in order to remove the plate and there isn't much room with it in the cart. once the plate is removed how is the timing set, what should I be seeing as far as the timing marks with the timing light, and I can only assume that I'll have to reassemble in order to check the timing and if not correct take back apart ,, unless there is a trick to setting it while the plate is off the first time around. sure hope this makes sense as to what I'm needing help with, if not I'll try to post some pic of the engine in the cart and show the plate cover I'm referring to. thanks for any help you folks can give me. I broke this up into paragraphs but keeps posting as one long paragraph
Old 10-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

cart 001.jpg

cart 002.jpg

cart 003.jpg

cart 004.jpg

cart 006.jpg attached is the pics of the plate covering the pulsar unit and the timing marks on the fan and the fan shroud, the two white dots I referred to seeing on each side of the timing mark on the shroud are the ones on the fan,,one at the top of fan and one at the bottom. I beleive the top one is the one I should use as reference, the long white mark ?? the bottom pic shows the large nut holding the cover plate on over the pulsar unit that I need to get to. How do you remove this? to tight of space to use an impact,,is there a special tool for this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO