lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Dead Cart And Year??

I just bought this club car yesterday. I am not sure what year it is and I cant seam to find a identification plate anywhere. Where is it normally located? The batteries in it where shot so I went down and picked up some new ones. They are fully charged I am reading 38 volts across them. This is a 36v cart. It has 1 solenoid and a fan looking throttle thing. Is that what you all call the wiper switch? Anyway with the new batteries the cart is still completely dead. The lights come on but there no clicking sound, the cart dosnt move or do anything. What are the first steps to trouble shooting this thing? I changed out all the cables on the batteries and I changed the white wire on the motor with new cables. I soldered all of my terminals together to ensure the best connection. I was a electrican by trade so I have a bit of knowledge with working with electricity. But I admit I am a bit over my head here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead Cart And Year??

Ok I found the tag it a A89 So I assume its a 89. Im still clueless as to why it wont move. Im thinking its a soleniod or something? What does the micro switch do turn on the solenoid?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum highrollinmopars................

Look under the dash where the floor mat meets the back of the dash. You should find a ID plate or an ID Decal. The number we need starts with a letter. What is the number and we can tell you the year of your cart.

Also, you spoke of 36 volts. Are you sure? Most later model Club Cars are 48 volt cars.

Let us know, We can help.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Ok Great...... 1989 model........ Its older so it'll be a 36 volt car.

There are several micro switches. One in the speed control or wiper box which is called a V glide.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Check the voltage at the charger jack just under the front of the seat. You should again have 38 volts.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok great So its confirmed that I do have an older 89 model CC 36volt. Kewl Any tips on getting it going? I appreciate your help Rusty.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I did that it said I had 26 volts. Thats in checking the plug for the charger.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Ok, something is wrong there. Should be 38 volts that you had previously measured.

That jack will give you the total battery pack voltage. We have got to have the 38 volts first. Check all of the batteries to make sure they are wired in a circuit and pos to neg on all and etc.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I checked every connection. They are all correctly wired from pos to neg. I still am getting the full 38v across all of the batteries but as I said earlier I am only getting 26v at the charger plug. Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Yep...... The charger jack wires are connected to the batteries wrong. he jack should be connected to battery main POS and battery main NEG so it will charge properly.

I'm going to have to get away from the computer for a while, so I will leave you with these next steps:

The accelerator pedal moves the wiper in the "V-Glide" assembly and also actuates the micro switch which actuates the solenoid. There has got to be 38 volts on one of the large posts of the solenoid, battery side standing by.

Scenario:
Micro switch is actuated, solenoid activates, and 38 volts is now present on the other large post of the solenoid giving power to the controler an motor.

Now....... see the stickies at the top of the Club Car Electric section for the wiring diagram. Back out of here 1 click and you will see it at the top.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car