lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead Cart And Year??

I checked the microswitch on the forward/reverse shifter. It has 20v coming in and 20v out. I also have 20v on both side of the solenoid on the small terminals. I have full 38v coming in one side of the solenoid but not coming out. The side that has voltage switches with the other side as I shift between forward and reverse. Now I pushed the throttle down as I jumped the solenoid and the tires started moving. Im thinking it has to be a bad solenoid.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok maybe bad news for me. I can jump the solenoid without the peddle pushed and the tires still move. The tires should not roll with the solenoid jumped unless the go peddle was down right? Does this mean there is a wiring problem or maybe something wrong with the vglide?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i sent a response to your PM on another site that should get you in the right direction.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool thanks very much. You must really be into golf carts
Old 09-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just a hobby and a little extra cash............not to mention for some reason i just love working on electric golfcarts..............i have been a certified mechanic for 31 years and touched my 1st golfcart about 5 years ago and have never looked back.........the campground i camp at has at the minumum 5000 carts of every make and age running around so i spend just about every weekend working on carts i have 15 to 20 carts a weekend at times and putz with them from 10AM till 4 or 5 in the morning..........funny thing is until this year when soneone gave me a gas C.C. i didn,t even own one i always had my pick of what i wanted to drive on the weekend..............i also work on gas carts but they just arn,t the same theres something about the elec,s that get me going and i love the challange when after 3 different cart shops had a cart and couldn,t figure it out i end up with it......some cart shops just shouldn,t be in business..................................
Old 09-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #16
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I ordered a solenoid and a micro switch. Im gonna be painting it while I wait for the parts to arrive. Thanks for your help guys
Old 09-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey thats good stuff btw. That would be great to be able to turn your hobby into money making deal. Well I appreciate your help and I will keep you posted on how it acts with the parts installed. Thomas
Old 09-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got the paint on it tonight. Bahama Blue with some metallic. I also found a Yamaha 4-stroke gasser for 125 bucks if someone is interested. Its in Atlanta GA though to far for me to drive. I was told it needs a fuel pump and gas tank to run.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok guys I put in the new solenoid and micro switch still no go. The old micro switch was in fact bad. Im not sure about the solenoid. One of the wires going to the ignition switch off the charger plug was on the wrong lead. It was on the negative side so I switched it back to the positive. I know have a full 36 volts at the solenoid. Im clueless guys somebody please help me with this thing so I dont have to put it in the shop. I know its something simple.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m not sure if i asked is it a 5 solenoid setup or a single solenoid? are you getting a solenoid click when you press the pedal? check everything going to the F&R switch i have seen plenty of them go bad...................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car