lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: 94 or 97 club car - worth it?

Here's a couple on there now:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/rvs/781545480.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/835647326.html
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #12
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Hey azboo, do you guys have a 36v motor that will fit on the 93 club car? Since the motor was dead and torn apart, I need to find one that will fit, and see if the rest of the electrics are good. If you guys have something there and want to part with it, let me know.

Thanks.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

No sorry. The electric carts I have are absent the motors. We just bought them for the frames. Wish I could help you out.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have 2 just about brand new 48 volt motors from 98 and 99 but they fit other years.......if anyone is interested.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #15
Wolley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tom,
I think you did reply but I am getting lost trying to communicate. Please send me an email how I can reach you at ready_killowatt@comcast.net. I have an early appointment in the morning but should be back by 11:00 est. I will look for you then.

can you explain the difference between the series and the regen. Any reliability or performances issues etc?

Best regards,
Wolley

mailto:ready_killowatt@comcast.net
Wolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

How hard would it be to upgrade my 93 CC to 48v? It has a controller, which I imagine is only good for 36v? What about the V-Glide and other components? I was looking on eBay at some stock club car and ez go controllers, some day that they handle both 36 and 48v? I am guessing they are 48v but will work with 36v basically? Wondering if mine would be capable of running 48v so I don't have to spend even more money...

What are you looking to get for one of the 48v motors shadowman?

while on the subject, where should I start on testing that 93 club car electrics? The batteries were showing about 37v, but I took one of them out to temporarily place in my melex to replace the one bad battery it had in it. Can I reconnect all the wiring to the batteries, and then just test the motor wiring (since the motor is not installed) as I press the pedal, etc., and then work my way forward if I don't get any power there? Or should I test the FNR and V-Glide and work my way back to the motor wiring? Since there are 4 motor wires, do I test them in a specific pattern/order, or do I need to jumper anything and test only 2 wires, or?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Well, I am sure the controller on this one is damaged, because I pulled it up to where I could see it, and one plate is missing off the end, and I can see at least one damaged regulator, and you can smell the burned components. So, it looks like a repair is in order, or I buy a replacement, and proceed from there.

Now, what are some common failures that cause damage to controllers, so I know what else to look for before I put another controller in? I'm sure connecting batteries wrong (reverse polarity), shorting motor wires, etc., but what else? bad v-glide or fnr, or just loose/corroded connections? I think I'll remove EVERYTHING, and clean/refurb/lube everything as I go, so I know it's all up to snuff. Anyone have a cheap stock 36v controller they want to part with? I know a lot of you upgrade to good controllers, but I have no real urge to on this cart, except as a last resort (or if a stock controller is going to cost almost as much as a good aftermarket one). LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car