lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need new clutches

Well it's been a few years since I've posted anything on here (electric cart is running fine) but I need some advice. I recently acquired a mid-1980's (not sure) gas club car in really rough shape. I have completely taken it apart (literally) cleaned everything and I'm beginning to re-assemble. I plan to purchase a new engine a clone or big block and need to know what the best clutches are. I think I will be needing both because the drive clutch is off an ez-go and the secondary clutch has the plates welded together. ps. I will be lifting this cart and adding 24 inch tires.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: Need new clutches

Check with Carts Parts Plus (bgw sponsor). Also if you are going with the clone (WHICH IM WORKING ON AT THIS TIME) I'd check with Geoff at Vegas Carts (also a sponsor) he'll hook you up with a comet drive clutch which mates perfectly with his rx440!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks KillerCC I just checked out Vegas Carts, looks like that's the direction I'll be heading. I appreciate the heads up.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjequip View Post
Thanks KillerCC I just checked out Vegas Carts, looks like that's the direction I'll be heading. I appreciate the heads up.
You wont be disappointed.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

KillerCC , what belt width are you going with?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:04 AM   #6
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

I did the whole package deal through Geoff. I believe his kit uses a 1"x42" belt.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool thanks Killer. I am also considering the rocky top lift. I have an allsports 6" lift on my 01 ds 48 v and the quality isn't all that impressive. Not bad but not great . From the pics of the $205.00 8" lift on ebay it looks similar to allsports lift. I think am going to give it a shot trying to keep myself within a reasonable budget. Next will be a kit from Geoff at Vegas Carts including new clutches and motor plate. I am going to try to post some pics on here soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car