lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #11
KosmoSVT
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G19 Motor Upgrade Question

yeah, I'm a little geared up like that. I told the wife; because it was her idea. "If we get a cart, you now I'm putting a stereo in it; right?" I also brought up to her, that I was probably gonna make it go faster as well. I was really surprised on how cool and thoughtful people were at corporations like PlumQuick, D&D, CartsUnlimited, and here
KosmoSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2015, 10:04 PM   #12
KosmoSVT
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Today, I just installed a volt gauge and mount. Took only a 1/2 hour, and that includes being done right. "Clean Job"
KosmoSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:30 AM   #13
roostersgt
Not Yet Wild

Just returned from vacation in the Caribbean. Installed voltage meter on dash and made appointment for new Trojan T-875 batteries to be installed tomorrow. Volt meter was bought on Ebay for $14 with free shipping. Easy straight forward install on left side of dash near headlight switch. Batteries will be a bit spendy, at $874 out the door.

Will let everyone know if the speed issue has been increased to around 19mph, or not. Holding my breath and crossing my fingers.
roostersgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #14
roostersgt
Not Yet Wild

Just got my cart back with the new batteries. Wow! I can't express my surprise enough. The cart flat out screams now. Jerks your neck from the start and easily hits 22mph per the neighborhood radar trailer. Got no lower than 15 mph on our modest hills, all with only 3/4 charged new batteries. Thanks for the great info! This site and its senior contributors are the best!!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Great to hear that its doing what you were wanting. Keep those batteries charged, and try to only do shallow discharges for the first 50 cycles if possible. This procedure will help properly break-in the batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #16
roostersgt
Not Yet Wild

Will do. Thanks for the great information. Should I be checking and filling the batteries with distilled water every month when necessary, or is that too often?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

I just keep the fluid levels 1/4-1/2" above the plates. Filling them to the bottom of the tube only increases the likelyhood of a acid mess, with no benefit to the battery. Check at least once a month. You will soon get a pattern of how often your usage characteristics will need water.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #18
roostersgt
Not Yet Wild

Running fast but now have noticed a "surging" issue. where should i be looking? Already replaced all cables, solenoid, controller and batteries. ???
Old 05-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

I would try resetting the throttle auto calibration in the controller. The only way i know to do that is with a computer and the free alltrax software. Also, a usb "A to B" printer cable will be needed.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:37 AM   #20
roostersgt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. will have to round up a laptop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha