lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Did I ruin my batteries?

I have a 2007 Drive with 4, 12V Trojans about three years old. Never had distance issues and could always play 18 holes and drive .5 mi to and from the course.

Checked batteries two weeks ago and water was just barely under the plates. They were fully charged and I added DI water and now cart is much slower and the last two rounds, the cart barely made it home.

Any ideas what happened? Did adding the water to fully charged batteries dilute the acid and strength?

Help me save my batteries!!!
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Did I ruin my batteries?

Exposing the plates to air and charging will decrease the batteries capacity.
Recharge back to back cycles and see if you can't rejuvenate them some.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Adding water would not make things worse! Having the plates exposed is not good but it doesn't usually ruin the batteries if it's just the very tops.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Adding water does not dilute the acid unless the water level is down from leakage and not evaporation. Only the water evaporates under normal charging. The acid stays behind.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha