lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2015, 03:51 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G19E Has eight 6 volt batteries??

Yep, i have built plenty of hotrods with 8v's when range was less important then 'beating the neighbor to the mailbox'. I love my job, most of the time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I got my 2012 Drive I thought I wanted 8 x 6 but the guy I bought it from talked me out of it. Glad he did. I never have range problems and there is no reason to carry around the extra weight if you don't need it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #13
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I will install the 8"s! When i do it, i will take a picture of the existing set up ,and post it here.

thanks guys.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #14
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

In 2009 I bought a pair of YDREs that had been converted from golf course fleet vehicles to LSVs. In addition to DOT rated tires, DOT rated windshield, etc, the vehicles were issued VINs, so legally they are no longer 2007 Yamahas, they are actually 2009 "G-cars”. It just so happens that one of the primary components used during the manufacture of a G-car is an existing golf cart. Hahahahahaha.

Anyway, I didn’t need LSVs, I only needed golf carts. However, because of tax credits associated with LSVs sold in 2009 it was by far cheaper for me to buy LSVs, register and insure them for 1 year, then let the registrations lapse.

One of the variables in the function that determined the size of the tax credit was the capacity of the battery bank. We put the maximum number of amp hours we could fit in the carts. It took some fab work, a shoe horn, some KY Jelly, and a lot of profanity but we squeezed eight very large 6V batteries under the seats of those G29s.

In spring of 2015 I needed to replace the batteries in one of the carts and I reverted to a standard six 8V setup. It wasn’t until then that I realized how badly the acceleration and handling was impacted by the extra weight. In my opinion six 8Vs is a way more desirable setup than eight 6Vs.

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #15
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

i like that answer
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha