lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
riverparkmedia
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 36volt car need guidance.

I was given a cart in non running order. So far I got the old batteries to charge how well is to be determined, turn the key on tried to move the cart either direction nothing but reverse alarm I have 36.6 volts from the pack. I checked voltage on the line side of main selinoid had voltage, nothing on the load side it has control voltage and ground. I am assuming that the part is bad ordered a new one. Is there any way to jump around to do further testing or should I wait for the new part. Is there any other test to do to check other the function of the controller ect. Thank you I do have wiring diagram I am just new to electric carts.
riverparkmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 98 36volt car need guidance.

Find the serial number, or determine the model of cart (post a pic). We will help. What is current pack voltage?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
riverparkmedia
Not Yet Wild

1998 g16e The current pack voltage 36.7. I know I will be replacing batteries. But just want to make sure everything is working or have a way to test componets before I spend the money on the new batteries and this cart is not a basket case. Would be safe to jump the main relay with the rear of the cart up in the air.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

You can try it, it shouldnt explode or anything.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Check the yellow wire. It should be 36v or nothing, other readings point toward bad controller. You can try to jump 36v to it, but USE A 10a FUSE, a bad controller will often have problems on that circuit (failed inside controller). Bad F&r is also common on that model. Dont waste money on a new oem f&r, upgrade (scottyb, or use a hd ezgo one, i wrote a thread on that upgrade).
Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
riverparkmedia
Not Yet Wild

I installed the new seliniod last night I have a functioning cart again thanks for the help. Next step is to see how long a charge last. I will replace the batteries in the spring if I have to. I for see some new paint and other body mods over the winter thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha