lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #11
YDRE1977
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Couple newbie questions

Just my two cents. I have recently purchased a used 2007 Yamaha YDRE and it had stock moric controller, stock motor, and 18" tall tires. It would do 19mph on flat surface, but was a total dog on any kind of incline. Did some research and came across Plowman's website who is very versed in Yamaha carts to say the least. I ended up buying the alltrax 300 amp controller from him and upgraded all of my cables. Plowmans sends you new cables for the controller install and I made new ones for the batteries as well. Complete seat of the pants difference. about 22mph on flat, and about 17 on inclines and it will pretty much hold 16-17 on the inclines. Before when it was stock, I had seen go as low as 13 on inclines which makes it not very much fun to drive.
YDRE1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha