lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Let me know when you want to race. LOL.
Ike is ready to play!!!

His old batteries are really starting to wake up.. Just GPS'd at 28.6MPH the other day, 2 MPH faster than when I first got him running... He ain't much to look at, but then again "sleepers" are more fun!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1132.jpg (66.5 KB, 34 views)
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Ike is ready to play!!!

His old batteries are really starting to wake up.. Just GPS'd at 28.6MPH the other day, 2 MPH faster than when I first got him running... He ain't much to look at, but then again "sleepers" are more fun!!
My batts. didn't seem to change after to break in? CCJohn, your setup is very similar to a good friend of mine. Beast motor, 700amp, regeard, 05EZGO converted 48v. He pops wheelies, runs 26.5 (beats me by a nose) and does not get stuck...perfect setup IMOP! I could regear and get over 30, but I don't want to lose any torque. Scuba, sorry for the slight hijack.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

BSR

It's all good!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

thanks for the pics SB.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Im happy that you feel that stock wiring and controller will carry you through for a period of time, BUT I MUST AGREE WITH ROBBY about wiring and controller up grades are NEEDED? I think that you should be sure and install a proper fuse into pack circuit for protection? After hearing all the problems with stock parts ( MINIMUM QUALITY FOR MINIUMUM COSTS ) I would feel that you better get GOOD INSURANCE before you go very far with the new motor only?
I would be more than happy to eat this page if within a year of normal operation you dont have at least one componant go bad.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Im happy that you feel that stock wiring and controller will carry you through for a period of time, BUT I MUST AGREE WITH ROBBY about wiring and controller up grades are NEEDED? I think that you should be sure and install a proper fuse into pack circuit for protection? After hearing all the problems with stock parts ( MINIMUM QUALITY FOR MINIUMUM COSTS ) I would feel that you better get GOOD INSURANCE before you go very far with the new motor only?
I would be more than happy to eat this page if within a year of normal operation you dont have at least one componant go bad.
Old Mec,

Robby NEVER SAID that you needed to do a controller upgrade or #4 wires with this motor.

"I can’t thank Robby enough for his time on the phone and addressing my concerns over stock wires, controller, etc."

As a matter of fact what he said about my concerns was that doing either of the 2 would only give me more torque at low and mid speed. Now as far as the bet we're nearly half way there... Look at the original post date! Just 7 months to go before that paper diet!

Something else to consider…

The stock controller can only deliver what it’s original intended output was. So let’s say it’s 225 amps max then no matter what motor you have it can only use what it’s fed. The original wires are also geared for that same amperage so the same is true for them. If you changed out the controller then that’s a whole different story such as an Alltrax delivering 400 amps through those same wires or that original motor accepting additional amps.

For the record I will be changing out both to 4 gauge as well as the Alltrax once my Dealer Warranty is up since I do want as much torque as I can get!

Last edited by scubabud; 06-07-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Added "Something else to consider."
Old 06-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
ukshane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just GPS'd my 36 volt yamaha with a plum quick rebuild, 400 amp alltrax, 10 inch rims and 2 gauge wires. I got to around 20 mph on the straight aways. My neighborhood is pretty hilly so it's hard to tell if it was completely flat but I can say the motor is significantly better than my old stock one.
ukshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

OOOPS Miss read quote??? At 76 I can claim blindness???
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
OOOPS Miss read quote??? At 76 I can claim blindness???
Hey, I'm no spring chicken and that's what I use as my excuse!!!

Besides, it's very easy to take what I typed back then, either way.

I do plan on keeping her the way she is until my 1 year warranty is over so we will see how see pans out.

They, (CC dealer,) know about the motor upgrade knowing I am going for an LSV and didn't seem to have a problem with it. I just don't want to aggravate the situation with cables and controller as well.

Bottom line, I think we both can agree that upgrading the wires, controller and motor for full effect and longevity is the right way to go and is what I will do in 7 months... (unless the wife starts in again... "it's too fast now... what about the dogs flying off"... well I'm sure you know...)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
lightintn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

the people at plum quick are great. I stop in last thursday for a visit and got some great info to solve my problems. No sales pitch just honest info and help with my problems. they really know there stuff.
lightintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car