lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking 95 rearend question

hey all,
i have a 95 club car carryall II. this is my extra car that i wanna make really fast as a toy. i would like to know the specs on the rear and what all it can withstand. i know it can withstand the 24hp big bore kits but thats not what i want to do. i am thinking about putting a street bike engine in it or possibly a fourwheeler engine in it... one with gears... but reverse is a big necessity for this project so if this rear will withstand the hp and torque...

if anyone has any ideas.. or has done this please fill us in.. this is my first cart conversion so any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!

so my main questions are:

how much torque can that rear withstand?

how many rpm can that withstand?

is the gearing 17.2 and 18.2 in this rear?
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 95 rearend question

Not positive, but I think the rear gear ratio is 12:1 ( someone here will surely correct me if I'm wrong). That's one of the nice things about this forum.
The carry all has a stronger rear axle than a golf cart. You can use a bike motor and get by just fine so long as you abuse it properly ( you have gobs of power that can certainly destroy every aspect of your ride, but as long as you respect that power you'll do just fine). If ya don't, you'll break stuff...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 95 rearend question

Hello Bad92Silverado and Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of articles on this forum about sled motors & motorcycle motors. Just click on SEARCH at the top and enter your keywords.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

i know people have done it.. and i have been searching.. and i havent found any pictures of anyones conversions or anything that had a definitive answer on what all this thing could take. i dont wanna use this rear and then put a motor in it.. make it up the driveway and have it break... id like something with some reliability..

maybe i am just alil slower then the rest and havent been searching the right things... i dont know... but i know this has been done... so if someone could give me a direction.. or a link to some pics... that would be great...

see.. if i have to redo the whole rear and put some thing other then the stock rear/trans ill go from another direction so some direction please!!!! thanks!!!
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I think "rifter" is the person you need to talk to...

I don't exactly know what he used for the rearends in his carts,
but, you need to see these vids to get a persective of what his finished product came out as!

here's the link!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/video...ted-video.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carryall, club car, rear
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car