lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Star Cart Battery charger question

Hey guys, I have a 2014 StarEV 36v cart. The other day when I went to drive it I noticed that the batteries didn't charge while plugged in overnight. The battery charger is a Star Accusense battery charger. I check the batteries and all are within normal volts but I went ahead and charged them for about 45 mins each just to make sure.

When I plug in the charger the amps on the charger stay at 0. I hear the transformer buzzing but It's not charging the cart? I did notice that when plugging the charger into the cart that the plug seems loose. I have inspected the plug and receptacle and they appear to be in good shape. Also, there are no blink codes on the controller.??????????
uchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: Star Cart Battery charger question

Update: I used a volt meter (no digital) and all batteries are in the 6.25ish range. The pack is at 38.5 range. I replaced 2 cables as they broke when I wiggled them. I plugged the charger back in and after 20 mins of the charger blinking yellow it goes to 3 flashing reds (excessive discharge)??? WTF
Old 01-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may have more wire and cable connection problems. Replace all of battery to battery cables. If 2 broke in hand all are old and need replacing. Also pull and twist the charger leads to the pack, you may have bad wires there too?
This is all just general maintenance which applies to all electric carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

Update to the update: Bad circuit board in my DPI charger! Easy $78 swap. Now everything is up and running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay