lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Bandit Motor opion?

I have a friend with a 2010 Tomberlin and he want's more speed. I have had 2 carts with the Bandit motor upgrade and my current Precedent has the Executioner motor. The PQ site has it listed but has anyone done it? He'd like the motor breaking turned off and more overall speed. I know the torque might not change but looking for more speed. What other options are there?

I appreciate your opinions but I don't need anybody saying that "it's fast enough leave it alone", as we all have our own reasons for our carts.

Thanks in advance.
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Bandit Motor opion?

What speed are you guys looking to get? What volts are you running?. Maybe some of us can help you on which way to go. Remember you can't have both, speed and torque. Is this on flat ground, or hills. Is it a stock cart. Or is it lifted with big tires?. You have to give all the info if you want a good answer.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
What speed are you guys looking to get? What volts are you running?. Maybe some of us can help you on which way to go. Remember you can't have both, speed and torque. Is this on flat ground, or hills. Is it a stock cart. Or is it lifted with big tires?. You have to give all the info if you want a good answer.
Thanks for your input but I guess it was more of a general question to see if anyone has done a bandit motor (or other motor) upgrade. As stated I have done 3 PQ motor upgrades on Club Car carts so I know what they did for those carts but have not seen anyone posted anything about the Tomberlins.

It is a 4 seat, stock wheels, stock height driven on semi-flat ground going under 30 but not exactly sure. It is registered and licensed so it's street legal in our area and I know there are laws against going a certain MPH but he's ok with breaking the law. He uses it sometimes to drive to the store a mile away which the speed limit is 35. Understanding the torque is increased with a motor/controller upgrade, I think all he is looking for is to be able to remove the motor breaking which on slight declines would allow a few more MPH's.

But since I have not seen any post (and I searched) I open it up to any other suggestions i.e magnet, controller, wheel size that would help others.
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Call Robby at Plum Quick and leave a message, he will get back to you eventually. Get the real answer from the horse's mouth.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Call Robby at Plum Quick and leave a message, he will get back to you eventually. Get the real answer from the horse's mouth.
That's the truth You can't go wrong with a PQ motor
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin