lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bob Boyce Rocks!

I am completely blown away by the change in my 2012 RXV after Mr. Boyce performed his programming "magic"!! Everything is improved; quicker initial acceleration, higher top speed and increased regenerative braking resulting in true one-foot driving. So much more than I had hoped for. WOW, I can't stop grinning while I drive around.

Bob and usgicollector are an excellent team and are both to be commended for the patience they both displayed with this newbie's questions. Turn around time was excellent and communication was timely.

Bob, thanks again for the professionalism and knowledge you so readily share.

Tim
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bob Boyce Rocks!

I agree! Bob did my cart a year ago and I enjoy it more all the time.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bob is excellent and he helped me a ton when he came by last year. Great guy. [emoji1303]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1166 View Post
I am completely blown away by the change in my 2012 RXV after Mr. Boyce performed his programming "magic"!! Everything is improved; quicker initial acceleration, higher top speed and increased regenerative braking resulting in true one-foot driving. So much more than I had hoped for. WOW, I can't stop grinning while I drive around.

Bob and usgicollector are an excellent team and are both to be commended for the patience they both displayed with this newbie's questions. Turn around time was excellent and communication was timely.

Bob, thanks again for the professionalism and knowledge you so readily share.

Tim
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #6
ezgorider124
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am looking at doing this in the near future.
Are upgrading your battery cables to 2 AWG required when this is done?
Would anything else need to be upgraded?
Thanks for the info
ezgorider124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #7
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgorider124 View Post
I am looking at doing this in the near future.
Are upgrading your battery cables to 2 AWG required when this is done?
Would anything else need to be upgraded?
Thanks for the info
Required no, suggested yes.

After receiving my controller, Mr. Boyce analyzed my programming. Bob advised me that the batteries or battery cables were causing low battery errors. The modification settings will reduce errors, he suggested I might want to go with 2 gauge battery cables to reduce losses. He said the factory cables are really too small for the performance level of which the RXV is capable.

My cart is a 2012 RXV with a Curtis controller (stock 235 amp) and 12 inch wheels with 215/50-12 tires which are approximately 20.5 inches tall. I asked about installing larger controller and was told it was not necessary unless I planned to increase the tire size (height). I do not. I was told that any taller tire than 20.5 inches would require a controller upgrade along with whatever else was involved(lift, rims, tires, etc).

I mailed my controller to Mr. Boyce as opposed to having him do his programming "magic" on the controller while in the cart. I requested an increase in speed and some additional Regenerative braking if that was possible. It was possible and the results were very impressive. Regen braking, Motor RPM and Torque were all improved just to name a few.

Hopefully, that gives you a clear picture of my experience. Please remember that I am in no way an expert or knowledgeable on the programming done. I am merely a person who is VERY satisfied with the end result.

I will sign off for now. My 2 AWG cables just arrived and I have some minor wrenching to do. Best of Luck with whatever you decide. I guarantee that you will be pleased with the results if Mr. Boyce is able to work on your cart's programming.

-Tim
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Skihard1234
Not Yet Wild

Amazing story!

Bob I’m trying to reach you on my 2009. I need it reprogrammed-can someone send a link to the 2 gauge cables to buy? Also someone said they could do 2/0, which are bigger for $12 more, but not sure if it would help.
Skihard1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A stock 2009 will have a Danaher controller which you really can’t do much to other than a little speed. Is this what you have?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
Skihard1234
Not Yet Wild

It is what I have. I’ve done the software tweak, swapped for 20” wheels, and get 22 currently.
Skihard1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO