lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default ICON I60L specific accessories

I have an ICON I60L and I am searching for golf cart accessories members can customize their ICON golf carts. I know there are limited specific Icon parts out there . Which brand or parts are you using on your ICON?

looking forward to posting pictures as I install and building a list here for the ICON owners . I post more of a build as I go with pictures then just a list .

I added the first picture of the "carbon fiber" plastic dash over lay from the ICON dealer .

Charles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (213.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
Kingc891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: ICON I60L specific accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingc891 View Post
I have an ICON I60L and I am searching for golf cart accessories members can customize their ICON golf carts. I know there are limited specific Icon parts out there . Which brand or parts are you using on your ICON?

looking forward to posting pictures as I install and building a list here for the ICON owners . I post more of a build as I go with pictures then just a list .

I added the first picture of the "carbon fiber" plastic dash over lay from the ICON dealer .

Charles
Very nice! Can you send a link to the dash? I didn't realize they were making locking glove boxes for these carts.

One minor downside I notice is they moved your F/R switch down to the blank space between the key/USB ports and removed the 3 blank accessory spots, so you have 0 available.

You can always cut your own places for accessories, but it would be nice if you still had at least 1. I added under body and roof lighting to mine that I control with a switch that I placed in one of the blank spots.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Does anyone know what front clay basket is used on the 2020 icons? I think most of the baskets look about the same but not sure what brackets to use. I have a basket from my old cart that would work if I knew how they mounted them. Thanks
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ATrain
I was told this is what they used
https://m.buggiesunlimited.com/golf-...9-drive)/20131

Yamaha Carbon-Fiber Dash Assembly (Models G29/DRIVE)

I will post additional dash pictures after I pull it off for the radio install next week .
Old 11-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Some work I been doing ....Installed new floor mat. I order a roll of heavy material I found on amazon for 47.00 and cut it to fit
I used the pictured Retainers. The factory ones broke every time and are very delicate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mat 1 .jpg (22.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mat 2 .jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mat install final .jpg (25.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Retainers .jpg (18.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingc891 View Post
Some work I been doing ....Installed new floor mat. I order a roll of heavy material I found on amazon for 47.00 and cut it to fit
I used the pictured Retainers. The factory ones broke every time and are very delicate.
I like that look, but is it worth the effort? It seems like a lot of work for a subtle change.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #7
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Removed and Replaced the front ICON logo with a custom Black subdued Flag I found on the internet. May be hard to see in picture but turned out really nice !

Made some custom (over kill ) brackets for new wink style .

Next I will tackle the Stereo install and LED lights .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICON to FLAG .jpg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bracket for wink .jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wink 01 .jpg (208.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Mats were lots of work. Really just me killing time and getting to know how the cart is made. Also just not a lot out there for ICONs to buy off the shelf. I think everyone's ICON post on here will help us out to find the right parts. SO others don't have to tear their new carts down to make it look custom. Thanks, AT, for all your post and the rest of the ICON board.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:13 AM   #9
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

I got pretty lucky with these two items. The mirror fit perfectly the width and the brackets went right where the roof frame bolts are. Will post pictures of install tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35135A07-E8AF-4E55-9D08-3F3B65C71908.jpg (50.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 52079350-9E9E-41ED-8810-9E4D095D3197.jpg (52.4 KB, 0 views)
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #10
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjose View Post
I got pretty lucky with these two items. The mirror fit perfectly the width and the brackets went right where the roof frame bolts are. Will post pictures of install tomorrow
Some photos of how I used the brackets to reuse the bolts already in the cart.
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i60l, icon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon