lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default How far up does the drive belt go up?

Ok This might be long before I get it all said:
I have 2 1995 CCs. One, when I got it was bouncing off the rev limiter at full throttle, but just barely. Disconnected the limiter, mini tach read 3350 RPM at WOT, does about 15 MPH with GPS. Ok no Problem. Bought another 95 CC. Does the factory 12MPH. Disconnected the rev limiter, do the wire tie on govener trick. Runs great ...I just have to watch my RPMs, I need to loosen wire ties with new ones. Took tach of other one and put it on so I could keep track. Does 19.5 MPH at 3950 RPM ( can go higher than that but keep it at that range). Bought a new tach for the 1st one. Now it says I`m doing 4250 RPM at WOT...HUH? Put it on the second one with the other tach to check accuracy. Both tachs read the same. Before I got the new tach I ran both carts side by side. The second one will run rings around the first one. Anyway when running side by side matching speed the second one is taching 3350 RPMs Just like it read when I got the first one. Can`t figure this out.
One of the things I noticed is that the drive belt come further up on the drive pully (the one on the engine) on the second cart. It comes up to within 1/4 inch of being even with the top. The 1st one only comes up to within 1/2 inch so I can see why the 2nd on is faster. Any idea why one belt runs higher on the pulley than the other and what can be done to get the other one up higher?
Checked the belts on both carts. The first belt looks new with # 1016203-c with 31-97 3-N 3Y writen on it
The second cart belt looks older but not showing any wear that I can see. with #1016203-B DF with 4:K:2:1 writen on it. Don`t know what all the numbers and letters are for or why the are just a bit different.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: How far up does the drive belt go up?

Swap belts and see what happens.
Even when getting two belts with the same part number will you get two that are exactly the same length.
Watch your drive and driven clutches on each in neutral and see how they react to the same belt.
Could be just a maintenance issue on the clutches.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any other sugestions?

CartTrader
Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Did you try it?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

They act the same with belts exchanged

CartTrader
Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
GMCWAYNE
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Compare the distance between the primary and secondary clutches on both carts. If it is further on the one that the belt rides to 1/4 inch from the top that would make sense. If that is the case then you could try sliding the engine forward on the other one. If they measure the same then I would be pulling the clutch on the one that belt rides 1/2 inch from top.
GMCWAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Also if there is a difference, check the motor mounts and bolts.
Look closely at the rubber and metal sleeves the bolts go through.
I've seen some so bad they had worn the rubber,sleeve and bolt 1/2 way through.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car