lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Jrod
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Adding more speed?Power?

I talked to my local cart dealer about taking off the govenor, he said to redo the gears to keep from blowing up the motor, said it would cost about $600. I want to have the best speed and torque... What should I do?
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
bayshoreinc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Adding more speed?Power?

If you want SPEED, you can't have TORQUE. If you want TORQUE, you can't have SPEED. That's why your car has a transmission. You don't take off if 5th gear peeling rubber and you can't do 90 MPH in 1st gear.

Your local dealer wants to make a big sale selling you high speed gears for $600. Adding high speed gears will take away any torque you do have. I'll bet he didn't tell you how to speed it up 8-10 MPH with just a zip tie now did he.

Read the sticky http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html and read thru that. I did the zip-tie trick and I'm now doing 20 MPH vs. 11-12 MPH stock. You just want to make sure you don't keep hitting the rev limiter when you do it. Your cost at this point is ZERO. You should have a zip tie laying around or get one from your neighbor.

Want more speed, deactivate the rev limiter and get a tach. Don't over-rev the engine or the valves will float and eventually the motor will go boom. You can do a search on the maximum RPM for the engine you have. Cost now is about $50 for the tach, shipping included.

Faster yet, get bigger tires.

Personally, I wouldn't spend $600 on new gears because I don't need to go 35 MPH in a golf cart (death trap), besides, my kids drive it more than I do.
bayshoreinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A dealer is never going to tell you to disable the manufacture's govenor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Jrod
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks... I talk to my dealer again and he wanted me to sign a waiver if he did any work like that.
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car