lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
JeffL
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G14E Problems

Hey everyone,
I shorted out the solenoid on the cart the other day while I was trying to figure out why it was'nt running. I accidently touched one of the larger studs to one of the smaller ones and it arched out. After this happened the cart stopped doing everything. Before this, the solenoid would click when the key was on and the pedal was pressed, but it would'nt move. I checked the 10amp fuse and it is good. I also replaced the solenoid with a new one, and still no click from the solenoid when the pedal is pressed. Are there any other fuses anywhere? I ordered two new diodes, and will be replacing them tomorrow. Could I have fried something else? Not sure why the cart was'nt running before, but at least the solenoid was clicking. Please help!! The cart is a Yamaha G14E. All batteries have 6.3 volts, and all wiring seems to be intact. Thanks
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G14E Problems

You may have taken out one of the diodes,to test you can just make a test wire and stick in there and see if it runs.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
JeffL
Not Yet Wild

Replaced both diodes and still nothing. How do I test the voltage? If I put the black wire from my meter on the neg. side of the battery (the battery that goes to the solenoid) and the red wire from my meter to the pos. side it only reads 6.3 volts, as do all the batteries if I test them independently. But, if I put the black wire to the farthest battery, and the red to the same pos. post I get over 36 volts. Should'nt the battery that is running the pos. to the solenoid have 36 volts, due to the fact they are all hooked together? Not sure what is happening, or if I am not using the meter correctly. I find it strange that the solenoid used to click before I shorted it out, and I figured I blew that, but after replacing the solenoid and both diodes I still have nothing. Any ideas??? Thanks
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
AndyFinck
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My cart stopped running yesterday.The solenoid clicked over but it wouldnt run.
I checked the throttle potentiometer.(located in the floor behind the throttle pedal with my multimeter. it should read on the ohm part of your meter when you push on the pedal. Mine was ok it ended up being the speed conroller under the forwaed/reverse switch. you can get them rebuilt for $300 or so.
Hope that helps
AndyFinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha