lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
xjvftw
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Rear Flip Seat Installation "The Drive"

I am running into trouble installing my rear flip seat that I purchased from DIYgolfcarts.com. They sent instructions but the instructions seem to leave out key details. Their site has videos, but not for installation on "The Drive" style cart. It is telling me to remove the "back rest, basket, and access panel." Then I am supposed to "Install mounting brackets at roof supports." Put it appears the nuts that hold my basket on our welded??? And it appears to do this the top would need to be detached which is not in the instructions. Anyone else installed a rear seat on one of these carts???? I have a 2007 Yamaha Drive cart.
xjvftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rear Flip Seat Installation "The Drive"

you dont have to completely remove the top. just remove bolts for rear top struts. take a broom handle to hold up the top.

remove the bolts for the rear seat back.

remove teh 4 bolts that hold the rear basket brackets under the access panel. yes teh nuts are welded so you just remove the bolts.

depending on which one you bought i have put many rear seat kits on without issues.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
dartscartsjacksontn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Rear Flip Seat Installation "The Drive"

That is correct, but you do not have to remove each individual piece. It is up to you whether or not you want to take the top off. If you do, it is easier to just remove the main strut bolts and pull the top off, struts and suntop still attached.

Otherwise just remove the rear roof support bolts and prop the roof or just let it hang. Watch the struts so as to not scratch the body.

Remove 4 seat back bolts 10mm. Remove the access panel, remove the four 12mm bolts holding the rear bracket on. These bolts will come right out as the nuts are welded in place. Remove rear bracket and begin installing by included directions. Be sure to use Loctite on OEM and aftermarket bolts without lock nuts. This will prevent bolt backout due to vibration.
dartscartsjacksontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha