lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16E bucking like a bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Maybe it was a typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddogg View Post
first off... You gotta buy a charger that is set up for your cart, there are 4 different modes for different battery set ups, and it has to plug into the port... the reasons are too many to list... oh and you would have saved yourself a lot of trouble and sweat if you had just put the cart in tow and rolled it, lol. Sorry Im not trying to laugh, that other stuff you have heard about the tow switch mumbo jumbo is all lies and myths.... but like the others said you probably fried something with that charger... if you have any questions Ive got the right answers, just ask
G maybe "NOT" !!!
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Indeed!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
okay this might take a minute but I have all your answers...

You don't need to upgrade your controller, in fact messing with it if you don't know what you are doing isn't the best idea, you could blow that thing up and then you are left with a phatty bill. It is a common misconception that upgrading a controller will boost your speed, every single controller that yamaha puts in a golf cart is assigned a particular code unique to the controller and cart. If its never been set by Yamaha then your mph is already limitless it it has been set then you need to see If you have a dealer or shop close to you call them and find out if they have the hardware/software to re-program your maximum speed to whatever they can legally let it out the door at, or it helps to know the guy or be a smooth talker because there are liabilty issues for non insured aka non street legal cart and the maximum mph allowed... (varies by state) If you don't have a place close buy you might need to send it off to someone to be reprogrammed. I'm not sure of the cost, we would typically charge someone an hr labor or around 40 bucks... so you could stand to save a good deal and still do both which leads us to this set of questions and answers...
What kind of motor is in your cart now? Do you have High Speed Gears? What kind of battery setup do you have? ( 4-12v, 6-8v, or 8-6v ) and how old are they?

If your motor is in decent shape , and your controller isn't set I would nix the thought of buying a new one and invest in gears... we had a cart in the shop the other day that had a stock motor, the controller speed was not set ( meaning there is unlimited max mph ) and it had high speed gears in it, man it would absolutely fly!!! This thing was humming at 45 mph just around the parking lot and that's not BS... so you see less can be more

Now depending on your motor type, if you are looking for more torque there are a few options in replacement, but Electric carts are pretty darn torquey.

hope this helped

What kind of motor do you have
it's everywhere
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Im sorry for being such an ***, Sincerely. Can we let by gones be by gones and in the future when I'm tired and cranky Ill use careful restrain in my posts. Again Sorry if I rubbed y'all in the wrong way, mahalo
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Im sorry for being such an ***, Sincerely. Can we let by gones be by gones and in the future when I'm tired and cranky Ill use careful restrain in my posts. Again Sorry if I rubbed y'all in the wrong way, mahalo
I'm good with it Ed, moving on..........
Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks man!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
rib33024

Hang in there eddogg,

to help rwhidden, post your answers in this thread ---- http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ke-bronco.html
its a new clean one
Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #28
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I'm going to close this one Rib. It's not serving any real purpose anymore. We can always refer back to it later if needed.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
I'm going to close this one Rib. It's not serving any real purpose anymore. We can always refer back to it later if needed.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha