lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default LED Light Bar on Golf Carts!

Hi, I just want to start a thread to discuss LED light bars and everyone's experience/opinion with them.

I bought a 18 watt LED light bar a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! it was about $30 off eBay, yes it was Chinese but it works fine and has good construction. I am thinking about getting a 120 watt light bar, but I just want to make sure my golf cart can handle 120 watts + 18 watts without the battery going dead.

Thanks!
Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: LED Light Bar on Golf Carts!

not doing a light bar but i am doing all led's on a club car ds
Old 03-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
sonicbug
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The power requirements for the 120 watt would be around 10 amps plus the 1.5 draw for the 18 watts. for a total of 11.5 the generator is good for 15 amps if everything is great You would not want to leave on when engine is not running. It would not take long to kill the battery. before purchasing light seeif you can get led lamps to put in the lights to reduce current draw or you can use hid lights that are in the 35 watt range they do produce noise into the elect system but they are the best light for the least wattage the fog lights i have on mine are 80 watts or around 7 amps the hid headlights on my car are hid with 35 watt ballast and are bright
sonicbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbug View Post
The power requirements for the 120 watt would be around 10 amps plus the 1.5 draw for the 18 watts. for a total of 11.5 the generator is good for 15 amps if everything is great You would not want to leave on when engine is not running. It would not take long to kill the battery. before purchasing light seeif you can get led lamps to put in the lights to reduce current draw or you can use hid lights that are in the 35 watt range they do produce noise into the elect system but they are the best light for the least wattage the fog lights i have on mine are 80 watts or around 7 amps the hid headlights on my car are hid with 35 watt ballast and are bright
Thanks for the advice! I don't know much about HID lights, but I know the light bar I'm looking at is 24'' wide, 120 watts and at $80 its a pretty good price
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
crash test dummy

if it's this one it is a good LED light bar with flood and spot & a great price !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120W-LED-Lig...c097a2&vxp=mtr
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
redcloud
Gone Wild

I installed a 2' long led red tail/blinker light bar on the top back of my roll bar and it is very bright. I did however wire it so I have no blinker but they all light with tail light. Already have high intensity front lights and seem to have no problem with battery but I don't leave lights on for any length of time after shutdown.
Don't know if I would do the led light bar for headlights.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
if it's this one it is a good LED light bar with flood and spot & a great price !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120W-LED-Lig...c097a2&vxp=mtr
It's very similar to that (may be the same one from a different seller). I will only use it when I am driving and not when not running. So you have not had any issues with he cart dying or other problems with the bar?
Old 03-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
crash test dummy

it is what we have on my girls jeep ... very bright !!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

I am putting two of the little 18w on the front of my cart for headlights.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Lots of way cool lights here at our site sponsor. >>http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...-led-light-bar

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, china, led, lights, usa
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO