lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #11
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV hit by Lightning

Thank you so much for the info Bob. You're a saint.

You nailed all the points. Batteries are a little low because the all the chargers were smoked. I charged them each individually to try to get some juice in them to continue diagnostics. As for the reverse buzzer, I'm not sure why that came up. The buzzer works perfectly and my bleeding ears confirm that. The brake driver doesn't surprise me either when you get juice like lightning involved.

At least one of the other two carts doesn't have a curtis controller so pc diagnostics is out for me. Looks like there will be two RXV's headed to the weeds. We'll have to see about the third.

Once again thanks for so much info. I hope this forum realizes what an outstanding member they have.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV hit by Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotthis View Post
Thank you so much for the info Bob. You're a saint.

You nailed all the points. Batteries are a little low because the all the chargers were smoked. I charged them each individually to try to get some juice in them to continue diagnostics. As for the reverse buzzer, I'm not sure why that came up. The buzzer works perfectly and my bleeding ears confirm that. The brake driver doesn't surprise me either when you get juice like lightning involved.

At least one of the other two carts doesn't have a curtis controller so pc diagnostics is out for me. Looks like there will be two RXV's headed to the weeds. We'll have to see about the third.

Once again thanks for so much info. I hope this forum realizes what an outstanding member they have.
The lightning could have corrupted memory, causing that error message. I've seen corruption cause false error log entries. I keep that in mind when I grep the raw log files for the entries.

RXVs are some of my favorite carts because the complexity is right up my alley. I hate to see them scrapped. I guess that's why I have 3 of them in various stages of parts piles.

I was struck by lightning in 1995 and survived. I still suffer from nerve damage from that day in Florida. What was weird, I was listed as killed by lightning in a ham radio newsletter. I found out a few years later when chatting with a ham radio operator that had moved to this area from there. He thought I was someone else bootlegging my callsign.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO