lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 01:47 AM   #11
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart stutters after Alltrax XCT-48500 install

The Regen Diode on the large terminals of the solenoid is backwards. Turn it around so the red end of the wire is on the same post as the 2 g cable going to the battery #1 Positive (Pack Positive).

I still don't see the pink wire attached to the solenoid. It should be on the same large terminal as the 2 g cable going to the battery #1 Positive. If I'm wrong about this someone will speak up.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't see the pink wire for the Tow/Run power connected to the battery side of the Solenoid either.

What is up with all of those extra wires on the battery posts?

You should definitely remove the +16v wire tap as that is not good for the batteries in the long term and use a 48v->12v reducer.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #13
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
The Regen Diode on the large terminals of the solenoid is backwards. Turn it around so the red end of the wire is on the same post as the 2 g cable going to the battery #1 Positive (Pack Positive).

I still don't see the pink wire attached to the solenoid. It should be on the same large terminal as the 2 g cable going to the battery #1 Positive. If I'm wrong about this someone will speak up.
Am I reading this wiring diagram wrong? To me it says the regen diode on the large terminals should have the stripe facing the side that has the MPP wire and light blue wire. That's how I wired my setup.

What pink wire do you mean?

HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:26 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at the solenoid in the wiring diagram again, the big post that goes to the battery has a "pink wire" that powers the Tow/Run switch as well as the "stripped" end of the Regen diode.

Is your B+ cable shown in the picture going to the pack positive battery post or to the Controller B+ terminal?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You are correct on how it is to be placed. The banded side of the suppression diode should face the battery side (incoming). I have seen the colors be backwards before on the diodes, but the band was still correct.

But if it is/was backwards (coil suppression), it will make the cart buck and usually ruin the diode.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And there should be two (2) diodes. 1- Regen diode on the large posts(banded/striped side to the incoming from batteries) and
2- Coil Suppression diode on the small post (banded side on same post as the light blue wire).
Old 10-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Did you ever get the meter to show ~50+ volts across the pack?
Old 10-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #18
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Look at the solenoid in the wiring diagram again, the big post that goes to the battery has a "pink wire" that powers the Tow/Run switch as well as the "stripped" end of the Regen diode.
The pink wire from the T/R switch (shown here in red because I didn’t have any pink when extending) disappears into the wire harness for a bit. There are two fuses back there, one blade (black cover) and one glass (yellow cover). Then a wire comes out of the harness that I presume is the “pink” wire. This is connected on the battery side of the solenoid.

You can get a better idea of what I'm talking about by looking at the attached picture of the old controller/solenoid as it was attached when I bought the stock cart last week. Since I was upgrading to 2ga wires, I chopped the big red wire off that splice, heat shrinked it, and reused the connector.

Quote:
Is your B+ cable shown in the picture going to the pack positive battery post or to the Controller B+ terminal?
Controller B+ (See first pic in this reply for visual confirmation).
Old 10-15-2020, 08:47 AM   #19
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Did you ever get the meter to show ~50+ volts across the pack?
No. Did you see my picture in Post #8? Was I measuring in the right places? Is my multimeter set up correctly?
Old 10-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #20
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What is up with all of those extra wires on the battery posts?

You should definitely remove the +16v wire tap as that is not good for the batteries in the long term and use a 48v->12v reducer.
Thank you. This wiring is the way the cart came when I bought it last week. I have already purchased and installed a proper 48>12 reducer, but have not rerouted the headlights to it yet.

This is what's connected as shown in the photos:
MPP: 48>12 voltage reducer (blue wire), battery meter (red/black), cart charging port (red)

MPN: 48>12 voltage reducer (16ga black wire), battery meter (14ga black)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car