lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
Morson82
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 48v CCP Upgrade Questions

Hi all, just bought a “refurbished” 2013 Precedent. It has new paint,lift,23” tires,led lights and taillights,custom seats,turn signals and horn,floor mat,side mirrors, and back seat kit, and new MCOR and new tinted windshield and new batteries. I have had it for a month now and want to upgrade for more power. The motor is stock and I believe it’s a regen. I want to upgrade to 2ga cables, 400amp altrax or Navatis controller. Should I also upgrade the solenoid? What about the F and R switch? Anything else I should consider to do it properly? Not looking to go rocket fast. Will also be upgrading where the builder neglected to, rear springs and shocks....😡 I’m very mechanically inclined and will be dii I by the work myself. Any and all advice, suggestions and experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Morson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 48v CCP Upgrade Questions

Solenoid - Yes
FnR - No (high amp switching is in the controller on a Sepex)

Get you a good upgrade kit. Look here and call David for any questions. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Morson82
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your input and link.
Morson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:07 AM   #4
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Solenoid - Yes
FnR - No (high amp switching is in the controller on a Sepex)

Get you a good upgrade kit. Look here and call David for any questions. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent
I have a question about there Level 2 kits...…

Level 2 says "Works great with the factory motor." Then says "When using this package with the factory GE motor we suggest de-tuning to 300 AMP max output." I can understand why it should be de-tuned but the other Level 2 kits say...

2B & 2C say "Works great with the factory motor." Then says "We DO NOT recommend using this package with the factory GE Motor"

So does it or does it not work with the factory motor?

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:13 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are different "factory" motors used by Club Car.

The earlier gray GE motors, aka "thin can" flat speed sensor, do not upgrade well.

The black ADC motors, top-hat speed sensor do.

I have the XCT 500 with my stock ADC motor set to 450 Armature amps and it runs pretty good.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As Sergio stated, and David Hick, Revolution Golf Cars, is being cautious as people will roll those amps to get more out the motor. It will work for a short time then it will burn up. PQ will not even take the GE for a Bandit Upgrade.

There is a testing thread on here where I tested several motors after upgrading my cart to Lithium and I the factory motor did not make but a couple of passes and shelled.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car