lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo

The battery is Fine. I just cleaned each battery post to a shine. I also put in Brand new 4 Gauge battery cables. Ordered a complete set from BU. The only reason the bettery got burnt is because I had climbed a steep muddy hill on low charge but here's the thing one of the nuts was loose on the terminal durring the climb. I should have said that before. Sooo, as of now we are on all good clean battery's, new 4 gauge cables, and new terminal nuts. I made a video of my cart driving I will post tomorrow. I see that people are not in love with the idea but it's actually not that bad. The motor and controller can handle the lower voltage. Also after driving the cart for 2 hours the controller or barely warm. Things are under control now and I have a much better outlook on where I drive the cart. It's not TOTALLY a bad idea just a different one that people have never truer for themselves. I will keep everyone updated. Some people may think this is crazy or dangerous but it might not be as bad as everyone would EXPECT it to be. You say crazy I say unknown until proven Crazy. Anyways I charge my pack with A programmable multi battery series setup Charger. I will get the exact name soon. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes I'm just trying a different method of running a golf cart. I really can't see why this is so dangerous. We just got off to a bad start because of my little mistakes. Don't let my mistakes fool you. I'm not about to give up on my knees because something seems bad. I will find a way to make it work.

Video Tomorrow

Take it easy everyone and I will keep you all Updated and at least try to amaze you all with this Project.

Don't be afraid to try something New,

P.S, Sorry Scotty for Filling your Inbox.

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do it right or not at all? I don't see what's so bad about this if the Motor and controller can both handle this voltage with ease how is this wrong. These golf cart manufactures have too many "Recomendations" that fool people into thinking they are doing something wrong by changing "Their Way" of how something is setup. People Assume too much.

Matt
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Video on the Way
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm glad to hear you got your cart running again. Might I suggest that just because it's running doesn't automatically mean that it's going to be durable or capable in the long run. It took several years for us to realize the benefits and the consequences of running these carts on increased voltages and I suspect it will take just as long to learn the long-term effects of running under voltage. Keep us posted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will Do.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well forget the Video. It keeps giving me some Security Error every time I try to Attach it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO