lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
BigBlueIron
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default broken rod 295

First post and new to carts in general, I have a 95 medalist with 295 engine. I just bought this machine and after chasing down some bad wiring got it running had no power well decide to pull plugs and take a look and lo and behold one piston is not moveing! Which explains the low power lol.

I'm assuming broken rod and hopeing to do this on the cheap. Is the cylinder remove able with the engine still in the cart?

Have many done just a rod replacement?
BigBlueIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
wide'iwas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: broken rod 295

You will need to pull engine out. The fan side on crank case needs to be removed to access rods look in gas tech on top of this page you will find the engine rebuild manual for timing and instructions...but its easy
wide'iwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
BigBlueIron
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: broken rod 295

Dang, I was hoping not to have to pull the engine, I had little time yesterday and pulled carb off exhaust and drive pulley with timing belt and covers.

I'm hoping for a best case situation as there is no odd noises and actually is purty dang smooth and the oil looks OK dirty but no metal flakes.

If its a loss I may be looking for a good used engine and if I do that might as well find a 350???
BigBlueIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO