lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: newbie needs help

I know this is going to sound crazy, but check to make sure your governor clevis pin is still in the carburetor butterfly. I have seen at least one cart that was missing the pin. It would only run at one speed and it would have erratic fits of speed and then no speed.

Make sure there is a return spring on the carburetor too.

Wiggle the butterfly by the control on the top of the carburetor. Make sure that it feels snug and not too loose. If it's loose and floppy, ditch the carburetor and get a new one. They are not that expensive and you will be much, much happier with your cart. BUT, be sure to order it from one of the first two companies in my signature because they get OEM carburetors. BU gets them from Taiwan and they are absolute JUNK. I cannot put enough emphasis on how bad it is to order a carburetor from Buggies Unlimited!!

Just some other things to check...
Make sure the 11mm nut on the governor arm atop the transaxle is tight and the arm isn't freely moving on the shaft.
Make sure the holes for the springs and linkages are snug and not loose.

You may want to consider performing the bi-yearly tune-up and maintenance on your cart that is sticky in the top of this forum.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #12
amanda1
Not Yet Wild

It sure is easier asking people whats wrong then to try and figure it out ourselves! we are going to get a new carb! thanks!
amanda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #13
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

If the butterfly shaft is not loose, don't worry about it. Clean it and see what happens. If it is, be sure to get one from one of the companies in my signature. Once again for more emphasis, BU carburetors cost more and flat out DO.......NOT........WORK! They don't work. Work they do not! Working is not something they do! I cannot stress it enough!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Here are a few links to them:

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...tor-fe290.html

http://eastcoastcarts.com/Carbs.html
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #15
amanda1
Not Yet Wild

thank you so much! no more falling off the atv with apples hay and romaine!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Your website is very interesting. I love turtles. What a great thing you are doing for these guys.

I'm sure NoNo will help you figure out the problems with your cart. He's very knowledgeable about Club Cars.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #17
amanda1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Your website is very interesting. I love turtles. What a great thing you are doing for these guys.

I'm sure NoNo will help you figure out the problems with your cart. He's very knowledgeable about Club Cars.

Boo
thank you. we are one of the only rescues that takes the time to repair the shells of some of these guys that are hit bye cars. It's challenging work we continue to enjoy!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1 View Post
thank you. we are one of the only rescues that takes the time to repair the shells of some of these guys that are hit bye cars. It's challenging work we continue to enjoy!

It's amazing the rehab work you do. Poor things sure do get beat up sometimes.

I checked into getting a sulcata tortise at one time and made the decision they are not the right turtle for me. A leopard might be a good choice though. The babies are the cutest things I've ever seen.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
amanda1
Not Yet Wild

oh yes leopards are a smaller choice. We actually have a 500 pound aladabra tortoise! life with a 500 pound tortoise can be interesting indeed :)
Old 12-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #20
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

500 pounds??? I'm not sure if I'd want to be around it or not.

Did you make any more progress on your Club Car?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car