lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
limey5
Not Yet Wild

Default trouble lasting 18 holes

2003 Ezgo with six 6v Energizer batteries which are less than three years old - stamped 2 / 12. Perfectly maintained. Cart lacks power and only just makes 18 holes on a full charge - I charge it every day and play every other day. Carrying two people, especially up small hills is a problem.
Local cart guru has done full check on batteries, they show 6.39 to 6.4. leads check ok and no sign of stress on controller etc. His opinion is that maybe the brushes in the motor need replacing. What do you think? How much would something like that cost?
I know that Energizer are not looked on as the best batteries, but well looked after, they should do better than two years - the problem has been there for the last year. Thanks.
limey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: trouble lasting 18 holes

Ask your cart guru to take voltage checks on each battery UNDER LOAD. Going up that hill you have problems with would be perfect. We will find your after that I'm sure.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have any extras on the cart: radio, speakers, 12 volt accessory? Bigger tires?
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you really golf with them every other day for the last 3 years, they may be genuinely "worn out". How far is the round-trip mileage for every afternoon of golf? Might want to consider investing in a "top teir" battery next time also.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
limey5
Not Yet Wild

Latest phase of story. As my local guy thought that it could be motor brushes, which he didn't mess with, I called the accepted and well respected, golf cart repair master in the big city fifty miles away.
As soon as he heard my story, he said straight out "It's your batteries, they are shot." He offered to show me their 'under load' performance, which he guaranteed would be a disaster, if I took the cart to him. I don't have transport for the cart, so I am probably going to accept his opinion and just go ahead and buy new batteries from him. Is this a good decision?
limey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You don't need to take cart 50 miles away to load test. You have a very good load tester at your house already, the golf cart. If you have a digital voltmeter you can load test each battery one at a time going up the hill you have trouble with. I've already stated this in post #2 above.

The load test will tell for sure if any battery is bad. If one is bad I would replace the whole set due to age and heavy usage.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We offer an in the dash digital battery meter which will give constant battery pack readout and function as a load test reading on every hill. Go to > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO