lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Default 8 Seat Custom Cart

I currently own a custom 6 seat EZGo stretch cart. It's upgraded to the AC drive system and 48 volts. With all of the weight I keep having trouble with the bearings in the rear end spinning in the bearing race. I upgraded to a heavy duty rear end. Same problem. Makes too much noise.

Now I want to add more seats. So I think it's time for a new cart. I'm thinking about buy a brand new 8 seat Club Car. See the link below. I want electric and I will have an AC drive system installed before I even take it home. It will be street legal and driven on the streets. We put lots of miles on our cart. I have never owned a Club Car. Only EzGo Carts. Thoughts? Will the rear end hold up to the weight? Does anybody know the battery configuration?

Cost will be about $17k but the wife said she don't care. It's goid family time.

http://www.clubcar.com/us/en/commerc...illager-8.html
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Default Re: 8 Seat Custom Cart

Bump.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why are you insistent on the ac motor?
Does club car even offer an an motor? If not how will you mate it up to the club rear end?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
rhinomike
Getting Wild

The AC drive system will be installed by Hi Performance Vehicle Systems. They specialize in AC drive systems. I have their system in my EzGo stretch cart. 5 years without a problem.

The reason I must have this.... An AC system is the only system that can handle going 25mph with a fully loaded cart for long periods of time. I don't care what any DC motor manufacturer claims. I burnt up 5 different DC motors and Alltax Controllers on my EzGo stretch cart driving it on the streets. They can't handle my application. So it has to have an AC system installed as soon as I get the cart.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

That makes sense, I wish AC drives was affordable for all LOL. So basically you just need the cart and they will build a custom controller/motor for your application. The Club you posted looks like what you're looking for, I know on the regular Precedent frames they are stout for the size cart even when they do a stretch. I'm not familiar with the Villager 8 but I'm sure If Club makes it you won't have issues, even the drive train should be stout enough to haul that much load, so if you yank off their motor and put an AC drive I can't see where that wouldn't be even better. From the page looks for sure the frame is beefed up, the motor is also, I would consider if you plan long trips maybe trying to stuff more 6 volt batteries in that thing and doing a higher voltage cart. You may need to research this more, I'd try and actually talking to the club car guys first and also if you can find someone that has one to get a better idea of what you have and what you may need to do.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #6
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club 48 volt electric has a 4 year warranty, so why not wait until you have problems before upgrading? I would think the AC drive system will improve considerably before you need to upgrade

Or is there a torque issue in your area that you are dealing with from the get go?
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well that villager comes with a 3.7 hp ,motor, 20 peak hp, It should pull a full load. Yea I'd use it up first.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Few issues..... On the streets I want to go 25mph. Stock Club won't do that.
Power is also an issue.

Biggest issue is on 2 of the motors and controllers I burnt up actually caught on fire. The controller burnt up and flamed.

I know it won't last. Might as well just get it over with. Maybe I can sell the stock parts and recover a little money.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Absolutely, sell the parts as they are new.

Thought about adding a second motor? Maybe even a second axle with motor and run them independently?
Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Absolutely, sell the parts as they are new.

Thought about adding a second motor? Maybe even a second axle with motor and run them independently?
Funny you mention that. I have a 2004 a EzGo PDS stretch cart that holds 6. I had a custom stretch fine to it. The bearing in the rear end spun in the axle tube or bearing race. It made a loud clicking noise. So I bought a brand new heavy duty EZgo rear end fearing that it was from too much weight. Well within a year it did it again. I though about stretching this current cart and adding another row of seats but I just figured it would make my rear end problem worse. I thought about adding a tandem axle. But wasn't sure if it would work or not. I could save a crap load of money doing that. but thought I might have other problems. I'm really not into working on them. I have everything done. I just like driving. Lol. So I thought buying an 8 seat cart it would be designed for the added weight. What do you think? If I could figure out how go to stop my bearing noise I would keep my current cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car