lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 DS build

I picked up a 2000 DS a few weeks ago for a decent price, and decided to freshen it up a bit.

The guy I bought it from thought one of the batteries was going bad, so I had them looked at. Turns out they were all almost at the end of their life, so I ended up replacing all of them. Maybe that's why I got such a good deal on the cart...
gopokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 DS build

I had originally bought this thing with the intention of not really doing anything other than maybe some wheels and tires. That went out the window pretty quickly. Once I had it in the garage, it was only about an hour and it looked like this. My wife wasn't exactly pleased.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

I guess I had fit my light kit in there before I tore it apart, so this is out of order.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Wired up to test.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

The guy I bought it from had painted it at some point, but didn't do the best prep work, so I decided to strip it all the way down.

Had some orange and black pinstripes at some point. He had painted over them instead of removing them.

Filled in the "no step" cover holes.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Filled in as many scratches as I could. This is where it went from a fun project to a mess and feeling more like work.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #7
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

I didn't get any pictures during the time I was painting and sanding, but this is after I got the led's mounted underneath. They are obviously kind of dark since I took them in the garage with the lights out. I was surprised how bright these led's ended up being, they are just a cheap set off of amazon.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #8
express
Getting Wild

Sounds a lot like my projects. Just a little freshening up turns into much more. It will be worth it in the end. What paint and what color are you going with?

What part of the country are you in? I see the tornado shelter in the garage floor.
express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #9
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Got the rear body back on last night, and the speakers mounted in the rear end cover. Should have it all back together in the next day or so.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #10
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

The paint is a 15-20 footer, spray paint sucks! Might end up taking it back apart at some point to fix it, but it's fine for now. Still need to get my stereo mounted, put on the seat covers that should be here next week, and figure out what wheels and tires I'm going to use. But other than that I'm about done. It was a pretty fun little project, and even after the new batteries, I'm still not in it all that much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car