lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default MPT-1000 EZnoGO

Been awhile since I've been back on this site, because everything has been working!! Until now. I've got a couple MPT-1000's (workhorse) and the one my guys use has crapped out. I know I can weed through the posts and find my answer but unfortunately, I just don't have time right now, and my guys are now on foot which only makes me busier.

Here's the issue. Turn key, get power. Apply throttle, solenoid click, attempted movement then click. Same in forward and reverse. If I apply the throttle very slowly it get a small movement, then click. Found a burnt out fuse and replaced that but no luck. From what I've read, it may be a speed controller issue or even brake issue....

I know, I'm being lazy and asking for advice before taking the time to properly diagnose, but I could really use the hive mind's help on this one so I can just get back to being productive.

Thanks guys
Itsalljake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MPT-1000 EZnoGO

Could it be the inductive throttle sensor? 'Cause that's not cheap.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not the ITS. Next suggestion?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the micro switch in the pedal box. Pull up the floor mat and there is a box behind the go pedal with a metal cover. Pull that and then the plastic cover and observe the switch while operating the pedal. It should release as soon as the pedal starts to move and stay in that position until the pedal returns back up. You also could just try bypassing it to test if that is the problem. Make sure to flip the cart to Tow first if it has a Run/Tow switch.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, it turns out I'm stupid. After ordering and installing the ($70!) ITS that didn't work, I had one of my guys go through the car to clean and check all connections. Sure enough, there was a bad cable hiding on the last battery. Glad it's running again but boy, what a dummy. Thanks for the feedback. On that note, best suggestion for maintaining clean battery terminals? I have a couple MPT's now for work so they are daily drivers that get charged a lot. Would love a simple solution for a spray cleaner and and protector.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO