lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
shannonlcraft
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt is not moving just a lil shaking

Hi, I am having difficulty with my EZGO Electric TXT Cart. I recently got this cart from a friend who had it setting for quit some time. I believe that its in the early 2000 range. So I went and bought 6 brand new 6v batteries that i just put in 2 days ago. it was running fine but then my kids rode it for a couple hrs on and off and then it died. So I thought it was dead so I checked the batteries with a vom and it read 30.1 which i thought was odd but i charged it again and let them ride and it stopped running only a lil vibration on the motor a lot sooner so I put it on the charger overnight until it had a full charge and then in the morning I got on it an drove it to the end of my driveway and it died. it was vibrating/shaking again. so I assumed that it may be the solenoid however it does click when i press the gas pedal. I also jacked it up and the wheels do spin slowly. I did notice that when it was running that after a few minutes of riding that the box that houses the wires for the fnr smelt like it was burning up. I checked all batteries and connections and they all seem good. Ive checked every wire that I can possibly see and they seem good however I couldnt get the cover off of the solenoid panel to check under there, so I'm not sure at this point if there is any corrosion or anything under there. Any help would be appreciated......Also I live in a hilly area and the cart does slow down anytime I go up hills and when i went down, I must have went down to fast because it started making a noise and my daughter said that she seen a spark come from the back :( Also, when I had it jacked up i tested the batteries and it was around 37.1 and when i pressed the gas it dropped considerably!
shannonlcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #2
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt is not moving just a lil shaking

Is it a 36v cart? Somebody with more knowledge will come along. Just my first thoughts.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:12 AM   #3
Budweisr33
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

NEVER run the battery pack down below 50% of capacity, which is 36.3 volts for a 36volt cart. Leave charger attached at all times after ride..

Budweisr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

"the box that houses the wires for the fnr smelt like it was burning up"

That right there tells you more than likely where the problem is.... The contacts in the FNR switch are likely in poor condition which increases the resistance and this causes them to get hot....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Double check your battery installation. 30v makes me think one battery is in backwards and not adding to the pack, 5x6=30
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #6
shannonlcraft
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it is a 36v. I actually got the readings wrong. i realized due to switching out the old batteries for the new that i turned a number 6 battery around and was actually reading from two positive posts which caused it to be 30.7. it actually reads 40.3 on the charger right now and High 38's off the charger. i just replaced all of the battery cables with new ones and tightened them down and it still will not move, now its really not even shaking. ive wiggled all the wires coming from the fnr switch around and nothing. so i dont know
Old 11-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Shannon......had a similar issue once.....you may be having an issue with your F&R switch and now making good contact......look at the back of the F&R switch, right in the middle of the 4 cable connections is a 9/16" nut (its the center shaft for the switch), tighten it down a bit and see if that gets you moving.

F&R Intall-adj.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #8
shannonlcraft
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey everyone, thanks for your help! I replaced some of the pieces of the forward and reverse switch. I'm not sure what they are called. Its the main piece that the shaft goes thru and the other piece that goes thru it with the 4 bolts. however it now slowly runs for a few seconds and the motor still shakes really bad. which right before i switched it out it wouldnt shake or move. So I'm getting some movement but something is still wrong. Ive tightened every wire that I can find and replaced all the battery cables. All batteries are fully charged. IDK... :(
Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #9
reb0957
Not Yet Wild

You know I am currently having the same issue. It will shake a lil bit and barely roll. I didn't have the means to individually load test each battery while on cart. The pack would charge come up to about 38.7 volts. All batteries were within .2 of a volt from each other. Put it on jackstands and I could stop the wheels with my hands. Started the whole electrical trouble shooting guide. My controller failed a test a or 2.
Here's the funny thing. After a week of troubleshooting this in my spare time checking every battery before and after individually. One finally came up short. Something tells me this turd has been my problem all along. Just a thought. It doesn't hurt to go back and check what you already checked. Voltages should be checked a few hours after charging.
reb0957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, skakes, solenoid clicks, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO