lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Should I buy 2001 Club Car DS. Advise needed

Quote:
still don't know if it is a series or regen motor
That's real easy.....If your Fwd/Rev is a lever - its series. If its a Rocker switch - its sepex.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubAlum0509 View Post
According to this website, I have a 2000.5 CC DS. Reason I believe this, is because of the design of my seatbacks and the top that I have. I know it is a 48V, but still don't know if it is a series or regen motor.

http://www.performancepluscarts.com/...ar-year-guide/

I was just going to say, the front seat backs and the top support look pre 2000.5
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #13
Markymark0711
Not Yet Wild

I bought a 2003 48v DS I got a few months ago and love it. Be sure you tighten the battery cables at least once a month. That was a $109.99 lesson.
Markymark0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #14
crash test dummy

Old 01-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #15
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

ok, finally got the Serial number. There is a second Serial no sticker that is behind the panel that the key switch is installed on.

My serial # is A0043-949303

So I know this is a 2000 model, and it appears to be the pre-2000 model.

I do have the rocker switch type switch to toggle Forward and Reverse. so it appears I have Sepex motors.

Nowq here lies my question, did I get a decent deal on this car? I payed 2500 for it, and it has brand new, lift, tires, body wrap, winch, brush guard, rims, and batteries.

Will I be ok with the sepex motors?

If when i go to replace motor, what should i do to upgrade to make this cart as best possible for hunting purposes?

Thanks for the help everyone.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #16
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
If when i go to replace motor, what should i do to upgrade
Well, it looks like you have a Regen 2 (unless it was converted by someone to IQ). Look in the wiring diagrams section for Regen 2 and see if it matches your cart. If so, a motor change (although available) may not be enough to do what you want. Regen 1 and 2 are (the most) expensive to upgrade.

If you still have the multi-step potentiometer (small pie shaped box you can see in the wiring diagram) which is between two batteries....then its stock. Check with ScottyB - he's converted one of those before with a new XCT controller & motor.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #17
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
If so, a motor change (although available) may not be enough to do what you want to do.
Not sure what you mean by this?

Is a regen 2 good or bad? Will this effect me while trying to use this as a hunting buggy? The tire size is 22x11, and I don't plan to go any bigger.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #18
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Talk to Plumb Quick about you motor needs.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think I know what your asking...here's a LONG & likely boring reply with a couple thoughts.

Quote:
regen 2 good or bad
I own a Regen 1 cart - and for golf, they are "perfectly good". But for anything else....kinda "bad" because you may need to invest quite a bit of money/effort to improve its performance for serious applications other than golf. Regen 2 is no longer manufactured and choices are few.

Quote:
hunting, and transporting 1-2 people in and out of semi hilly woods, mostly grass, leaves, and pine straw covered road beds. Occasionally will be driven through cow pastures, etc.
Well, the good news is that you have upgraded cables - so that helps. But big tires on gentle slopes (not hilly) is about all it can handle in its current form (I am assuming your controller is stock). And stock speed is 14 mph at best. Do you want more speed for paved roads or is 14 mph OK?

In my opinion, with two "American size" people, you would need up to a 500amp controller to climb decent hills with authority. Trouble is - there's only one 500 amp controller (that I know of) which is "still" available for Regen 2 @ about $600+. Depending on how steep, you may also need a higher torque motor (or a high torque motor rebuild by Plum Quick). There are very few motor choices for Regen 2. In the end - it'll still be Regen 2 (an abandoned drive system).

People who know carts far better than I, might suggest that if your going to dip into your wallet to that degree, your better off changing the wiring harness/controller and accelerator - which will convert it to a more modern IQ cart. IQ carts have numerous choices for performance improvement. Use the search function on this site and do some serious reading on people with Regen 2 carts. Then decide what makes sense for your particular needs.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #20
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I work my 99 Regen 2 pretty hard every day, lots of mud and hills, guess I am one of the few that is OK with 15 MPH and 20" rear tires,...
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car