lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
That4car
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubleshooting ITS 99 TXT

I am attempting to troubleshoot my 99 EZGO. The buggie won't run. Batteries are good. Solenoid is confirmed good. Following the troubleshooting guide, all voltages check good with the exception of ITS voltage which is barely out of range at 13.9V. I disconnect the six pin connector as suggested by the troubleshooting tree and the voltage goes to 14.3V. The guide says that the iTS is bad and needs to be replaced. When I check the other wire, I see 0.45V before the pedal is depressed at all. Is this normal? And, can 0.1V really make the difference in the cart running or not?
That4car is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Troubleshooting ITS 99 TXT

The voltage being 0.1V off on the black wire most likely will not cause the cart not to run. You may not get optimal performance, but it will probably run.

The voltage on the white wire is what tells the controller how many amps it is supposed to allow the motor to draw. The voltage should be in the 0.43V to 0.53V when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make the solenoid click and should increase to above 1.5V when pedal is pushed to floor.

Whether have 0.45V on the white wire is normal or not depends on which of the two drive systems that were available in 1999 TXT carts.

Is there a Run/Tow switch on the controller cover?
If so, you have a DCS drive and it is normal.
If not, you have a series drive and it is abnormal.

I suspect the problem is something other than the ITS.

Does the solenoid click when the pedal is pushed?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
s_tuneup@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I am just stumped. I am a very old school mechanic and disabled vet. I need assistance. I have a 99 club car ds 48v. I am a retired enlisted aviation flight engineer. WTF? Story, I have a service dog that rides with me. I drive it daily. I coasted about 150 yards under a lite load on the motor. I stopped. I pressed the pedal and nothing. I put it in tow. Brought it home. Charged, load test and checked each battery battery 7.9 was the lowest under load. It's will not engage in run. Ok you dufse the solenoid doesn't engage. I have power at key switch, potentiometer, and nothing clicks, replaced FnR switch and one of the two solenoids. Some one give me a real schematic with respective values of expected range of resistance and current flow.
s_tuneup@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

s_tuneup you will probably get more responses if you start a new thread.

But, 7.9v on an 8 volt battery is dead normally. So that points to shot batteries which would cause the issue you described. But you said it was 7.9v under load, so depending on the load applied that could be ok? If it was a 20 amp load, your batteries are shot. If it was a 150 amp load they may be fine. If you let the cart sit, unused and not being charged, for at least 12 hours and see what the individual batteries read.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Need to post in Club Cart.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO