lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
lhammons
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 sputters after it warms up

Hey guys,
I am new to your forums although I have been reading for quite some time.
I have a 2007 yamaha G29 that I bought off a dealer used. For the first year of camping season (just a few months) it ran great. Now after it warms up (about a mile) it starts sputtering and complete loss of power. I can choke it to get it home and after it cools down it seems to run fine again for a while. I am a decent mechanic but know nothing about carts. The air filter was pretty dirty so I replaced that. No change. The fuel filter does not fill up with fuel, maybe 1\4 inch of fuel in it. I did change the fuel filter also. My camp is 45 minutes away and I do not have many tools there to work with. I am going to go pick it up this week and bring it home so I can run more tests. Question is, is there a fuel pump? And is that it right above the fuel tank? (black box behind the seat with fuel hoses to tank and carb) fuel lines do seem old and dry rotted wich I will replace.
Other than that it could be a spark problem such as coil getting hot. Does it have a coil? I can not see until I remove the air filter box and see where the coil wire runs to.
Any suggestions? PS I did search and read forums until my eyes bugged out.
Thanks in advance
lhammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 sputters after it warms up

water and or dirt/rust in the jets or float bowl
drain
if that don't get it
pull the bowl and spray with carb cleaner
that should work with out disassembling the carb
just take the whole thing off and give it a good bath

fuel pump is low pressure impulse rubber diaphragm
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
Bob's Cay
Not Yet Wild

I had same type issues and it was a fuel pump. The service tech replaced it with a metal body pump instead of the plastic. Said he has seen many carts with fuel pump problems.

Mine runs like a champ after the switch.
Bob's Cay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Either carb or fuel pump since you can pull the choke to get it to run. Clean the carb good, since that's easy and requires no money. If it still runs like crap, and has the plastic pump, change it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha