lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 36v EZGO Electric PDS F/R issues

I will have to look , I just changed the solenoid out to eliminate that and I still have the same result. I will add the 6 pin ( red wire) on the 10 pin connecter came lose on the re-install of the controller and when I push it back in place the cart wont move. If I pull it out I get reverse back and no forward
boonesbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Pictures please
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #13
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

the motor cables aren't bare around pack frame I'm lost on this one
Old 08-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I will have to get pics tomorrow here in South Carolina its already too dark to get a good one. I mean besides controller and F/R switch what else would have the cart stuck in reverse ?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

check the F&R switch.... continuity in both directions?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #16
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

continuity checks out good on both switches I have
Old 08-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

let's see what else I can think of...
Old 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #18
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Been Troubleshooting this thing all day. I still only have reverse, but when (-) from battery pack is disconnected I am still getting 18v to solenoid? Is that normal because I cant find where its getting a ground. Also the red wire in the 10 pin connector is is pulled from the plug it appears that's its only used for the back up alarm although it wires to the solenoid so is it needed?
Old 08-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonesbuggies View Post
I will have to look , I just changed the solenoid out to eliminate that and I still have the same result. I will add the 6 pin ( red wire) on the 10 pin connecter came lose on the re-install of the controller and when I push it back in place the cart wont move. If I pull it out I get reverse back and no forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonesbuggies View Post
Been Troubleshooting this thing all day. I still only have reverse, but when (-) from battery pack is disconnected I am still getting 18v to solenoid? Is that normal because I cant find where its getting a ground. Also the red wire in the 10 pin connector is is pulled from the plug it appears that's its only used for the back up alarm although it wires to the solenoid so is it needed?
Between the statements highlighted in RED in the above posts, I suspect you have the pin numbers on the 10-pin connector wrong. See attached photo for correct pin numbering.

The tab is adjacent to pins 6 thru 10 and there is a Blue wire on Pin-6 going to a small terminal on the solenoid.

The Red wire is on Pin-5 and it connects to the battery side large terminal on the solenoid to supply battery pack voltage to the controller and the beeper 100% of the time. After going thru the Ruin/Tow switch, this voltage is the source voltage for the keyswitch, F/R switch and pedal switch as well as providing B+ to the solenoid's coil via the yellow wire on Pin-7 when the preconditions for normal operations are met.

The voltage that powers the controller's electronics comes in on the Red/White wire attached to Pin-4. The voltage source for Pin-3 is the Reed switch, so the controller's electronics are only powered up when the charger is plugged in, unless the reed switch is bypass or the charger plug doesn't have a magnet in it.

In a nutshell, the cart should not run with the Red wire disconnected and the fact that it run in reverse without it connected indicates the external switches (Keyswitch, F/R switch and Pedal switch) are getting some voltage from somewhere.

---------
Does the cart have any 12V accessories?
If so, is the main battery pack tapped for the 12V?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J1 shown with tab at bottom.jpg (385.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #20
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Angry Re: 36v EZGO Electric PDS F/R issues

The only 12 Accessories I have is lights and turn signals that have been on the cart for years. I did have to put a new light switch in a week back but everything worked after install. You are right on the plug it was number 5. Let me re cap all that happened yesterday. So after installing another solenoid ( borrowed off another cart I have) the solenoid doesn't click at all but I still had reverse. I checked everything under the sun with my meter and everything seemed fine. But the card would sometimes go in reverse when you hit the gas and sometimes it wouldn't finally getting to where it wouldn't do anything. The card has a backup light that still turns on when put in reverse but no movement . I got to looking at the 10 prone plug and seen where at some point it had gotten hot and looked a little burnt. So I cut it off and wired another one and have the same results. No movement just reverse light? I still don't know why I am getting 18v to the solenoid when the neg. cable is unhooked at the battery?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO