lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
bkrdad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need lift advice

In your experience which would work best for my needs? I've read comments from some that the HD springs are too stiff, but maybe that's the best route to go with a back seat?
bkrdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #12
cfherrman
Gone Wild

There is a recent thread about HD springs being to stiff and a spacer with stock spring was better. I have no idea but I would try to find that thread and have a look
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #13
xman67
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here is a video about building your own 2" lift(this was for a Yamaha Drive, but can be modified for your G16)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8iQXz8Lm0

After watching this video I was going to build my own lift for my G22 GMax, but ended up calling Jake's(but they are not a sponsor, so you can call Don Plowman instead-(810)736-1100)http://www.plowmanscarts.com/ and ordered a "replacement" Rear Goal Post(Shock Extension) from one of their kits for about $40.

I drilled new holes at 2" centers(all I wanted was 2" of lift so that 20" tires would fit even with a lot of weight on the back), and cut the excess off of the two "goal posts" so that it fit correctly. Bolted it on and bolted the shocks up and had a 2" rear lift.

With this small lift, you don't need to lower your sway bar or lift the front. 20" tires should fit and not rub, even with the back seat in place and passengers on the back.

You can call Don and get him to look at Part#6253 which is a lift kit for the G16, and tell him you need to order the replacement part-
E. Rear Goalpost (Shock Extension)

He will have to look it up from there and tell you how much it is.

Last edited by xman67; 10-19-2016 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: non sponsor link
xman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Have you talked to Don Plowman? >>http://www.plowmanscarts.com/

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #15
DareDog
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdad View Post
In your experience which would work best for my needs? I've read comments from some that the HD springs are too stiff, but maybe that's the best route to go with a back seat?
. I have g16 with back seat. Came with Jakes HD springs and there way overkill.
DareDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha