lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #1
JeepMann
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 key switch melted

Last year I had an issue where a wire ran for the radio that was installed my the previous owner grounded out and caused many wires to melt the insulation off. I removed the entire aftermarket harness and everything has been good.

Fast forward to today, I figured I would reinstall the harness so I can have lights again. I removed all of the bad wires to the radio and don't plan to reinstall it. When I pulled my dash i noticed the wires going to the key switch are completely melted together. I need to replace this but I need the cart sooner than I can get one of these sent to me. Any suggestions? I would rather not use a toggle switch if that is even possible.
JeepMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 key switch melted

I think a toggle switch would work OK. I had a similar situation--got a G16 and found a repaired wire that had been a direct short. Upon further investigation i found the wires melted at the key switch AND the stop switch. You might want to check that, too.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you need a temporary or permanent replacement ignition switch in a hurry you can find them locally. In the lawn equipment section of Tractor Supply, and at Napa auto parts. You can find a selection of keyed switches to help you out. Good Lock.

Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
JeepMann
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. It has been running fine, I'm surprised it was causing issues but it was probably just a matter of time.
JeepMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha