lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Upgrade existing 2000TXT or buy newer?

Well, all I can tell you is my EZ-GO LMT Slip has never worked in reverse. Never. And this year I'm getting about 20% of the time where only one drive wheel will work in forward. When that occurs I will just slip into reverse for a second, then back to forward and it will usually engage. I've never had to do that before. My oil level is good, and I have no oil leakage from the punkin or axles.

This is the Plowman's posi video on their unit. My cart could only dream of this in reverse:http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1446759842&v=2

I'm the one who "drives" the vehicle....and has been for the last 8 years. I did a pile of research into electric modified carts vs UTV's before I decided to go the electric cart route. IMHO I made the right move then, and I have no regrets with hind sight. But at this point, my physical limitations are somewhat worse than 8 years ago. (I have MS which takes away tiny little bits each year. I don't say that for sympathy....it's just the facts.) But I'm thinking that "dumping" in "a few dollars more" (Clint Eastwood) in a stiffer suspension, better posi-traction, and I will be (or will still be) a happy camper with this unit.

I think you fellows are providing independent advice. And are a good "sounding board" and that's what I'm looking for and appreciate.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO