lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Precedent keeps trying to reboot

A friend just came down to FL after being away and his golf cart was dead. I had a look at it and realized his batteries were dead and upon further inspection noticed some wires were loose. Whoever installed his batteries used the wrong thread nuts and stripped the threads on the posts. I installed new batteries and the low battery light kept coming on and going off. I connected a handheld Curtis computer to see if I could read the fault codes and the computer kept cycling on and off also. I am assuming the controller is bad but I doubt there is a way to test it if it will not stay powered up? All other wires look good and are in the right spots.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent keeps trying to reboot

What's the total battery pack voltage at the moment?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
cmar143
Gone Wild

cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

There's either a short in the controller itself or the on-board computer. The OBC supplies power to the controller. Temporarily bypass the OBC to see if the controller will stay on. Un-plug the six pin connector from the OBC and install a jumper wire or paper clip between the blue wire and the white wire on the plug (wire harness side, not OBC side). See how she acts with the jumper in place.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car