lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Rxv still has issue

Hey

After I installed the new female receptacle I found out the cart won't run. Determined solenoid Is OK, and checked the fuses near the controller. Cart can be rolled easily when key is on in forward or reverse so the motor brake may be bad? I also found a small grey wire that goes under the controller and up to something under the heatsink. It was broken and I re connected it still no go. Checked the motor brake plug and I am getting pack voltage from the plug. Checked plug under the cup holder and it is in tight with no sign of damage. Any other ideas?
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv still has issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Hey

After I installed the new female receptacle I found out the cart won't run. Determined solenoid Is OK, and checked the fuses near the controller. Cart can be rolled easily when key is on in forward or reverse so the motor brake may be bad? I also found a small grey wire that goes under the controller and up to something under the heatsink. It was broken and I re connected it still no go. Checked the motor brake plug and I am getting pack voltage from the plug. Checked plug under the cup holder and it is in tight with no sign of damage. Any other ideas?
Check the position of your run/tow switch. It sounds like it is set to tow mode. If that does not help, check the status of your tow bypass mode jumpers. The information on proper settings should be printed on the label on the underside of the plastic cover over the controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Lol no I definitely don’t have it set in tow mode. But what’s this about tow bypass jumpers? Where is it located and what does it look like ?
Old 10-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Lol no I definitely don’t have it set in tow mode. But what’s this about tow bypass jumpers? Where is it located and what does it look like ?
You have to remove the plastic cover that holds the run/tow switch and turn it over. Read the label there, it will explain. The motor brake is obviously releasing, so that means it is working. That does not mean that it is good or bad. The reason it is releasing must be determined. That is why I asked you to check the bypass settings and the run/tow switch setting. If those are correct, then you must consider that the motor brake output from the controller could be faulty. There is no failure mode in the error list that would result in the motor brake releasing. All error modes result in a failure to release the motor brake. So it's not going to be a regular error mode. It would have to be a hardware failure in the controller, a wiring error, or the bypass jumpers or run/tow switch setting.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for your help. It turned out the plugs were in the the wrong positions? But unfortunately, that still didn't allow the car to run. Like you said the other problem After that is either improper wiring or controller failure. Thanks again
Old 10-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for your help. It turned out the plugs were in the the wrong positions? But unfortunately, that still didn't allow the car to run. Like you said the other problem After that is either improper wiring or controller failure. Thanks again
Progress has been made. Now that you have fixed the bypass wiring, now it is time to run diagnostics to see where the powerup self test is failing. Do you have a shop nearby that has the correct diagnostic handset for your cart? I did not see in your first post in this thread whether it is a Danaher or Curtis controlled cart. You may have had that posted in another thread.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry no hand held tester for these carts. At the shop I work at we don’t see the RXV that often. The controller in this cart is the grey plastic looking controller with a strange shape to it
Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #8
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It’s a danaher controller
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It’s a danaher controller
Where are you located at in FL?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Might have nuked the controller when you arced the wires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO