lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rxv still has issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Where are you located at in FL?
Broward county
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #12
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Might have nuked the controller when you arced the wires.

Lol cgtech I didn’t nuke anything. All I did was re plug in the connections so it was 1 to 2 and 3 to 4. They were in the wrong sequence when the cart came in
Old 10-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Broward county
I have a friend that lives near there. He's a engineer/tech for AT&T Wireless. He knows nothing about carts though. One of the guys on this forum lives down there in FL part of the year and he has a handset for the Danaher. Maybe he'll chime in and let you know when he'll be back in FL. With cold weather coming soon, don't think it'll be long. I can run diagnostics by swapping the harness and using a spare Curtis controller I carry with me, but that will really only test your pedal assemblies, motor, and other minor interfaces. If the issue is in your harness, it'll not help. I also carry a spare Danaher controller now, but I do not have a Danaher handset yet.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Lol cgtech I didn’t nuke anything. All I did was re plug in the connections so it was 1 to 2 and 3 to 4. They were in the wrong sequence when the cart came in
I thought in a previous post, you said you had dropped it and sparked it. Sorry, my mistake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #15
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I have a friend that lives near there. He's a engineer/tech for AT&T Wireless. He knows nothing about carts though. One of the guys on this forum lives down there in FL part of the year and he has a handset for the Danaher. Maybe he'll chime in and let you know when he'll be back in FL. With cold weather coming soon, don't think it'll be long. I can run diagnostics by swapping the harness and using a spare Curtis controller I carry with me, but that will really only test your pedal assemblies, motor, and other minor interfaces. If the issue is in your harness, it'll not help. I also carry a spare Danaher controller now, but I do not have a Danaher handset yet.
Yamahaguy97
Bob was talking about me and I'll be in Florida next week. The problem I have it takes about two weeks to get caught up on things once I get to Florida. Also there are several people waiting on me now to work on there carts.

I'm on the west coast your on the east. If you would want to trailer that cart over here your more than welcome to use my Danaher programmer. I'm in Charlotte county I'm guessing 3-4 hours from you.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #16
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I thought in a previous post, you said you had dropped it and sparked it. Sorry, my mistake.
That’s ok no problem
Old 10-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Yamahaguy97
Bob was talking about me and I'll be in Florida next week. The problem I have it takes about two weeks to get caught up on things once I get to Florida. Also there are several people waiting on me now to work on there carts.

I'm on the west coast your on the east. If you would want to trailer that cart over here your more than welcome to use my Danaher programmer. I'm in Charlotte county I'm guessing 3-4 hours from you.

Thank you very much for the kind offer, but it’s not realistic for me right now. My boss contacted the owner and told them we are at the point of checking the controller but don’t possess the hand held tester device. He said there is a possibility the controller is bad. They were not really upset about it but I wish we had that controller on the shelf so I could quickly swap it out anyway

Thanks again
Old 10-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you very much for the kind offer, but it’s not realistic for me right now. My boss contacted the owner and told them we are at the point of checking the controller but don’t possess the hand held tester device. He said there is a possibility the controller is bad. They were not really upset about it but I wish we had that controller on the shelf so I could quickly swap it out anyway

Thanks again
We both have spare Danaher controllers. I'm thinking about making a trip to FL soon to return his to him. He sent it to me to use for working on a Danaher programmer, but it was a busy time for me and I did not have the time to work on it. I've bought one of my own since then. I also need to visit a distributor in Miami to pick up a pallet load of solar panels for an upcoming project.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #19
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah it’s ok but I appreciate it. So what do those hand held testers go for? 800-1000? Also I might as well ask you, compared to all the components that can go bad in the RXV, would you agree that the wiring harness itself typically does not go bad? Like it is not a common occurrence
Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quite the contrary. It's a common problem to have corrosion in the harness.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO