lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO 2008 need help with wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvan View Post
what about motor I have? its working, tested. maybe I can buy some other controller to run this motor? make changes in wiring a little. can this motor be used for brake?
Finding a controller for your motor that can simulate the regenerative and parking brake action of the RXV is not possible. You could simulate some of the braking, but it would still creep along and it would drain your battery because you have to supply power to one winding and short the other to get inductive braking. It would still not hold still, it would creep slowly if parked on any slope. 3 phase motors (AC Drive) of the RXV is so different. It would cost you more to convert to a series cart with physical brakes than you could buy another used cart for. I see seriesand sepex carts for a few hundred dollars all the time. I'm just not interested in them. You may be able to trade your motor for an RXV motor with a shop somewhere. I know a shop that has an RXV rear axle with the motor on it over in eastern NC. I almost bought the chassis that it was in, but I wanted the rear axle with it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #22
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Listen to Bob he's the expert on these. If you need the Controller, Resistor. and Resistor Control Assembly I have one I could sale.

Looks like you need a motor and transaxle (rear axle assembly) maybe.

Like I said keep this thread going keep listening to Bob he's the guy that can help you thru all of this.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #23
mrvan
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much for helping. I'm in Georgia, I don't think that I can buy cart cheap here. but I think I understand u. I need 3 phase motor with axle and I need resistor with temp sensor. which motor fits my controller? even if I fryed controller, I have friend who can fix it. so I want instructions to wire my cart with my controller and new 3 phase motor. about 3 phase motor, is it doing brake function?
mrvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If there isn't a brake on the end of the motor your going to buy, you'll need to buy one.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #25
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The more I think about it your cart is a 2008 I would try and buy a good used motor. It's 10 years old now and you'll never get that money back that a new motor cost.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO