lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me TXT, project starting

I just picked up this TXT from a friend. I think it’s either a 95 or 07 model. In real good shape other than some gouging in plastic and rattle can paint repair in spots. He said he put new upgraded motor and wiring in it awhile back. Cart seems to run really well. All I’ve done is fixed a flat tire, topped off water, and charged and have put about an hour run time in it. It did come with a charger that he says that works fine but the auto shut off quit working. It does have a headlight and brake lights but they seem unfunctional, I’ve barely looked at them. I prob do led kits factory style, radio, etc.

This is my first electric cart so I’m a newb there but previously had a marathon gas I did a resto on rat rod style. I missed it, as did the kids, so here I go again.

How’d I do? I traded 48 silver eagles for it, (roughly $850).

It seems pretty fast to me, but I always looking for more. My plan is to sure up mechs and power, then get to work into turning it into custom paint, lowered(or at least fill up wheel wells), roadster or chop top.
1990 Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me TXT, project starting

you did GOOD!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

So I found the serial lookup tool and it’s showing a 95 medalist gas. I’m pretty sure it’s a txt and factory electric, maybe one of the first and look up tool is off? I dunno.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I think its off....it happens. If nothing else, from the pictures, its the '07'. OR someone swapped the body, as yours has a TXT (plastic) Body.....not a metal one. Mines a '06' TXT.....although I have lifted mine and put bigger tires and a back seat....it looks like yours.

Day 1.jpg
Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #5
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is a VERY good deal !!

A heads up on the lights... be careful when choosing replacement LED head/tail lights..... Many of them are smaller than factory, the original holes in the body will be too big.. (don't ask how I know)
Site sponsor "Cart Parts Plus" has a perfect fit LED kit.....
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a 1995 series cart. Upgrade the solenoid to 200a for that controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 AM   #7
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok, the flat returned, a bad bead on tire I believe, so I’m thinking about just ordering a 14” wheel tire combo, low pro. I’m thinking they will fit based off what I’ve read. I keep running into an ad saying 3” offset rear and 4” offset front for fitting txt, does that sound right? I’d love to lower it but it seems that kit is only available on 2001.5 up models. I’d be fine if wheels just filled up the wells. I ran it again today for a few, washed it , and ready to get started on getting it right.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #8
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok i think I have it figured out. Most 14” wheels are a 7” wise, which will be fine without any lowering. I will prob end up lowering it, so I think I need the 14x6, so they will tuck. Not so easy to find an all black 14x6, but I did.

So, unless I hear some feedback from you guys soon, I’m ordering the 14x6 Titan wheels in matte black, with 205/30/14’s
Old 01-27-2018, 02:59 AM   #9
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Also, thank you all for your input. Scotty, ill def check into the solenoid upgrade asap. I am still learning and figuring out exactly what I have. Orig owner said he did upgrade the original motor and wiring, but didn’t mention solenoid or anything else.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 Marathon View Post
Also, thank you all for your input. Scotty, ill def check into the solenoid upgrade asap. I am still learning and figuring out exactly what I have. Orig owner said he did upgrade the original motor and wiring, but didn’t mention solenoid or anything else.
well its easy to see that the controller is NOT stock. its a Alltrax NPX controller which are replacements for stock controllers HOWEVER their peak power is a tad bit higher than stock. Stock is 275 amp, where as the Alltrax NPX is 300 amp.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO