lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #21
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me TXT, project starting

And thank you Scotty, gonna look into a FR toggle right now, sounds great, and simple
1990 Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #22
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok, Cart is cleaning up almost like new underneath once thru 22 years of dirt grass and mud. Here is a couple pics. I intended on flipping the front springs today and measure for new shocks, but instead I got all clean and spiffy looking underneath but found a kick (bend) in the front suspension main bar/plate. If you look at left side about 4-5 inches from left edge, it’s bent about 3-4 degrees. Pretty sure this isn’t by design. I also noticed the top leaf on that same side is cocked a few millimeters. Im guessing cart took a hard hit on front right tire at some point in the past.

I kind of think I need to find a replacement or take it off and bend it back. Especially if I’m dropping it .

Thoughts? Opinions? Run it like it is? Try to bend it? Find a take off replacement?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 983026DD-AC6B-4BE0-8D7A-BF889D07DD1F.jpg (168.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 28F12AD2-FA2F-4C29-84CD-D7B5339DD723.jpg (255.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 PM   #23
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

I did drive it a bit today again and have all batteries holding charge around 6.3v. And it still feels fast! What app you guys using on an iPhone for mph?
Old 02-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #24
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Also, for the 2” drop in the back, I have some 2” square tubing, now looking for extended length u bolts if anyone has a quick line on them. Locally I’ve come up too thick, or nothing at all.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 PM   #25
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

I’ve put drop on hold due to slightly bent front axle. New issue IM workiNg thru now.

Solenoid clicks but won’t go. all batteries at 6.15 to 6.35 V. Pack voltage is 37.7. The alltrax npx4844ez starts up fine with green flashing lights. I’m guessing it’s micro switch based off what I’ve read here. Im also questioning ignition switch. It’s riveted in, and no access to it without drilling out the rivets.

Do I just need to put a micro switch in before messing with ignition? Is there a way to test microswitch?

Anything else I should test? Wiring underneath from pedal box I just read about and about to inspect.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #26
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Lol, put it on jacks , looked underneath for the common pedalbox wire issue, only saw a cable. Did nothing other than inspect, hit ignition on, hit R, and it’s moving again.

So does it sound like the microswitch?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #27
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

FR switch can be tricky finding F, but there is no visible swelling and contacts appear that make solid contact. So I’m thinking microswitch or FR switch. I’m considering converting to 48v in next month or so, so I hate to invest in any 36v specific parts
Old 03-06-2018, 04:37 AM   #28
Sideways
Gone Wild

I went to 48v on my 94 Medalist and agree with everyone else, it is well worth it.
Also recommend switching out the F&R switch for a reversing contactor.
How much of a difference did flipping your front springs make?
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #29
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok, an update. So I was having trouble finding F, and that turned into not being able to find it at all. I had a charger with a bad board that had been bypassed to strictly on off. I had 9year old batteries. So, it was time anyways.

I put in New batteries, then a new FR switch which was noticeably worn, yet I’m still having trouble. I kinda cancelled the plans to drop it for now, until it’s mechanically/electrically tip top. And I cancelled the 48v upgrade for now too. I think I’ll save those plans for next cart.

I have a pedal microswitch ordered, and hoping that will get me all fixed up. I’ve looked underneath to find the common bad connection near pedal box, but I have nothing but a solid cable under there. There is another component in the pedal box other than the microswitch, it seems a tad loose, maybe that?

Again, cart ran fine for many many years, now just this intermittent issue of running sometimes, not sometimes.

Any other thoughts past microswitch?
Old 03-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #30
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

I noticed the microswitch part number is different than what most vendors have, but looks same, and seems to function. I’m thinking ITS now?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO