lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV New Batteries

what are the best batteries on the market performance and price wise? I am considering doing the 6- 8volt batteries vs 4- 12volts in a 2015 RXV
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Default Re: RXV New Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut2000 View Post
what are the best batteries on the market performance and price wise? I am considering doing the 6- 8volt batteries vs 4- 12volts in a 2015 RXV
Trojan for lead-acid batteries

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
420ma
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there an advantage to using 12v as opposed to 8v?
420ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

From my understanding you will get more range w/6 8 volts vs. 4 12 volts.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I put together a little chart comparing various Trojan 8V and 12V batteries in an RXV.

A T-1275 was the battery installed at the factory at the time and is the baseline for the comparisons.

Take the projected lifespan in years with a large grain of salt, not many of us can maintain our batteries with the degree of perfection needed to obtain those results and few of us live in a constant 77°F climate with a steady 50% humidity. Something little more than half the years would be closer to reality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXV 12V vs 8V Trojan batteries.jpg (189.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Crown, US Battery and Trojans are comparable in my opinion. So I would find the best price on any of the three. You'll get better range and longer life with the 6 8 volt batteries compared to the 4 12 volts. I would recommend you buy the largest capacity batteries you can get (biggest amp hour rating). I think the new battery rack from EZGO is around $150 for the 6 8volt in an RXV, but I believe it is worth the money. I would upgrade the battery cables to 4 gauge while you're at it.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

X 2 on the Trojan (t-875). My RXV is a better cart with 8v's.
Trojan, Crown and US are the brands recommended most on this forum. US has a reputation for leaky caps apparently but otherwise good. I don't have personal experience with them. I have CR190's in my TXT. In their 4th year now with no measurable decrease in performance. In my area they aren't a lot more expensive than the t-875 but might not be true where you are. FWIW (I'm not a statistically valid sample)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #8
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
X 2 on the Trojan (t-875). My RXV is a better cart with 8v's.
Trojan, Crown and US are the brands recommended most on this forum. US has a reputation for leaky caps apparently but otherwise good. I don't have personal experience with them. I have CR190's in my TXT. In their 4th year now with no measurable decrease in performance. In my area they aren't a lot more expensive than the t-875 but might not be true where you are. FWIW (I'm not a statistically valid sample)
Trojan just had a substantial and inexplicable price increase in our market. I think the crown are at least as good as trojan and right now a better price in my market
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for your input guys. is the tray for the 6 batteries fairly easy to install? I really want more range. I went and rode yesterday about 2 miles and was about 20% after returning home.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #10
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

if you are using 12v accessories, please install a voltage reducer.

6x8v batts and reducer are great helpers.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO