lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
davewil@mc.net
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Centennial 8 Volt Batteries

So I am on Maui where Trojan T-875 batteries cost $188 each. I'm not ready to spend that much. My options are the Costco GC8 at about $95 each or Centennial GC8VP at $114 each. I have not heard anything about Centennial. Here is the spec page.
http://www.centennialbatteries.com/products_golf.html
Anyone have experience with Centennial?
davewil@mc.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Centennial 8 Volt Batteries

All brands of 8V batteries will give you about the same performance.
How far you can travel on a single charge depends on the AH @ 20hr rating.
The cradle to grave lifespan of the batteries also depends on the AH @ 20hr rating.

Dividing the battery price by the AH rating is a reasonably good yardstick for comparison.

The Trojan T-875 is 170AH and costs $188, so it is $1.11/AH
The Centennial GC8VP is 165AH and costs $114, so it is $0.69/AH
I didn't find an AH rating for the Costco battery, but you can do the math if you can find it.

Don't get an 8V battery below 160AH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
davewil@mc.net
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Centennial 8 Volt Batteries

I am pretty sure the Costco battery is the interstate PF-GC8-UTL which is 160AH. At $95 that calculates to $0.59/AH. So I guess that is what I will do. I am replacing eight 6 volt Costco batteries that lasted over 6 years. Started with six 6 volts and converted cart to 48 volts by jamming in two more batteries, plus motor, controller, solenoid, charger. Love the cart at 48 volts, does hills great and had to back off controller to limit to 25 MPH (about 6000 RPM). 2007 PDS.
davewil@mc.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO